- Is Your 401(k) Squeezed by Costs? Garvey, Charlotte // HR Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p44
Gives advice on the management of 401(K) retirement plans by human resource professionals. Factors to consider in retirement plan negotiations; Determination of the costs of retirement plans; Suggestions for human resource managers.
- Running the retirement savings marathon. MILLER, CATHERINE; E. B. N. // Employee Benefit News;Sep2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p44
The article focuses on the role of employers in providing education that can help their employees in the U.S. invest more wisely in their 401(k) plan and change the way they approach retirement planning. Employers must encourage their employees to participate in the retirement process in order...
- 4 ways to boost minority retirement savings. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Jun2010, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p1
The article offers strategies for employers to boost their minority employees' participation in retirement benefit plans in the U.S. Employers are advised to allow managers and supervisors start a small session encouraging minority employees to trust retirement plans. It suggests that employers...
- Employee-Owned Pleune Service Thriving. Bishop, Matt // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/17/2014, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p31
The article focuses on Grand Rapids, Michigan-based mechanical contractor Pleune Service Co., a 100 percent employee-owned company under an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). It states that the company offers 401(k) retirement plans to their employees under the management of its chief...
- 2011 CFO of the year awards. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 42, pC013
The article profiles Susan Suvak, chief financial officer (CFO) of Pepper Pike, Ohio-based Majestic Steel USA Inc. and finalist for the 2011 CFO of the Year Award. It explores the scope of Suvak's responsibilities in the company including office administration, 401(k) plan management, and...
- 401(k) plan withdrawal discrepancy protection. Langer, David; Miller, Milton // CPA Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p70
Traces the source of discrepancies in 401(K) plan withdrawals and amount actually in the fund. Protection against discrepancies; Effect of delays in completing transactions; Investment selection against the plan; Illustrative case.
- Wrestling with 401(k) plans. Ferenczy, Jerald P.; Ferenczy, Ilene H. // Internal Auditor;Jun97, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p30
Examines the guidelines for the 401(k) plans (Internal Revenue Services [IRS] Announcement 94-101) representing the 401(k) audit program of IRS. How does the 401(k) works; Target areas for pre-audits to prevent errors. INSET: A case study in 401(k) risks: Microsoft..
- The trouble with daily switching for 401(k)s. Schaefer, Brian E. // Pensions & Investments;3/6/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Discusses the problems concerning with daily switching for 401(k) plans. Factors that led to the broad acceptance of daily switching; Potential for major destruction of plan assets; Development of 401(k) plan in the 1980s; Herd instinct; Need for proper management of 401(k) plan.
- Is your 401(k) at risk? Greenwald, John; Dickerson, John F. // Time;12/11/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 24, p66
Explains that, among the most popular and widely used government-sponsored retirement programs, the 401(k) is surprisingly vulnerable to corporate fraud. The 401(k) program carrying no federal insurance to protect employees against theft and mismanagement; The problems stemming from small and...