HR managers unplug
- Baltic exchange. Taylor, Chris // People Management;7/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p39
Provides information on the growth of the call center industry in Sweden and examines the development of human resource management practices. Development of clusters of call centers in the country; Factors that contributed to the industry's growth; Comments from Philip Cohen, a British...
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT. // Henley Manager Update;Winter2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
Discusses several articles on human resources management. Alternative production models of call centers; Elements of high involvement practices; Details on the low discretion and high-commitment approaches.
- Call centres under pressure to change sweatshop image. // Management Today;Feb1999, p9
Discusses some of the problems confronting call centers. Problems of low morale, high stress levels, and absenteeism; Downsides of the call center industry's rapid growth; Attribution of personnel problems to stiff competition between centers and the intensity of work; Perception of call center...
- Personnel development. Reed, David // Precision Marketing;7/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p17
Studies work-based personnel development programs to counter high staff turnover rates in call centers. Importance of quality in both response handling and fulfillment; Large-scale direct response operations selling low-margin products as a way to acquire customers.
- Churning questions. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p46
Highlights the recruitment and selection of employees for call center work in Great Britain. Attributes of call center personnel; Cost of recruiting in the industry; Psychological testing on employees for specific jobs.
- Give morale support. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p63
Argues that there is a need for effective personnel management strategies in call centers in Great Britain. Discussion on the introduction of call centers for business organizations; Importance of motivation to call center staffs; Management of employees in call centers. INSET: Institute News.
- HR Call Centers: A Smart Business Strategy. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Jun99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p116
Highlight the advantages of human resource call centers in reducing administrative work and providing quality customer service. Discussion on computer telephony integration and interactive voice response; Use of videoconferencing and automatic call distributor equipment; Complexity in designing...
- Newcourt's Call Center Streamlines HR Processes. Hays, Scott // Workforce (10928332);Jun99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p126
Focuses on the automated employee services center of Newcourt Services company. How the idea for a centralized call center came about; Focus of the strategy; Tools and software used in the implementation of the system.
- Workforce Management Software. Perez, Jennifer Anne // Customer Interface;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p40
Looks at the most common features to expect from call center workforce management software. Inclusion of workforce management that is taking place on the Internet using hosted solutions; Enabling of contact managers to develop schedules for multiple agent teams; Software's ability to forecast...