Direct deposit reduces costs
- Nevada explores mandatory direct deposit of government checks. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;11/11/96, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p3
Reports that the state of Nevada may soon require recipients of government checks to open bank accounts for direct deposit. Decrease in the number of fraudulent activities; Savings from cost of mailing checks; Benefit to the banking industry.
- 2014 State Direct Deposit/Paycard Laws. // Payroll Legal Alert;May2014, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p8
The article lists direct deposit and paycards laws in different U.S States as July 2014 including one free transaction for employees in California, no paycards fees for employees in Arizona and no law on paycards in Georgia.
- PayItGreen.org survey shows 72 percent of companies using direct deposit. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p27
The article focuses on the survey conducted by nonprofit organization PayItGreen concerning the effectiveness of direct deposit (DD) as paycheck in the U.S.
- Now direct deposit for blind veterans. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/17/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p7
Reports that the State of New York Division of Veterans Affairs is authorizing the direct deposit program to all veterans and surviving spouses receiving a blind annuity.
- Wintering down south? Get your benefit cheques faster. // South Asian Post;10/17/2013, p9
The article focuses on the phase out of out cheques in favour of direct deposit, which will help Canadian pensioners.
- The Mailbag. Fitzke, Susan K.; Gorajski, Sarah J. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Nov2015, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to legal issues including legality of mandatory direct deposit of wages of employees, verifying I-9 documents for remote employees, and reinstating employee following years away serving in the military.
- Direct Deposit Service Takes The Hassle Out Of Payment Processing. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/21/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 42, p28
Focuses on direct deposit service that allows an agency to immediately post client payments to the company from policyholder's bank account to avoid late payments or bad checks. Provision of the direct deposit service; Advantages of direct deposit service to customers.
- Changes in direct deposit rules. // Social Security Bulletin;Summer96, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p71
Reports on planned changes in direct deposit procedures for receiving government benefits slated to be implemented by the end of July 1996.
- Treasury promotes unbanked accounts. Radigan, Joseph // U.S. Banker;June97, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p20
Presents information on the Treasury Department's `Direct Deposit (DD) Too' initiative, which is intended to create a class of bank accounts for the government benefits recipients who lack them. Details on the DD Too program; Comments from John D. Hawke, Treasury's Under Secretary for Domestic...