Euro currency could cause U.S. job cuts
- Rand on the rise. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;5/5/2003, p58
Reports that rand is undervalued in South Africa. Comparison of the purchasing price parity of different currencies; Calculation of weighted average real effective exchange rate; Amount of a real effective exchange rate of the rand.
- L.E.T.S. go to work. Sallow, John // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);May94, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p33
Reports on the Local Exchange Trading Systems (LETS), an economic exchange system used by small communities in Great Britain as alternative to formal employment. Operations; Expansion rate; Participation in the system.
- Check it out. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;10/20/97, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p17
Presents information as it relates to currency exchanges in Chicago, Illinois. Details on recipients of aid from the Illinois Department of Human Services receiving cash and food stamp benefits from automated teller machines and debit machines instead of check and vouchers; Impact of this...
- Multicurrency accounting revisited …. Ralph, Nicholas // Accountancy;Feb1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1110, p97
Focuses on multicurrency accounting under the SSAP 20 in Great Britain. Advantages of multicurrency accounting; Requirements of the SSAP 20; Summary of procedures; Analysis of gains and losses; Closing and reopening of the multicurrency books.
- Employment exchange. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman & Society;6/17/94, Vol. 7 Issue 307, NSS Co-op pXIII
Reports on the growth of Local Exchange Trading Systems (Lets) in Great Britain. Currencies used; Nature of operation; Social aspects; Risk of members abusing the system.
- EUROPE. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
Provides information on the currency situation in Europe as of October 2000. Effect of net outflow of direct investment and portfolio capital on the euro; Increase in the United States portfolio inflow in the first quarter of 2000; Threat posed by wage increases on the Norwegian krone.
- Cash houses under fire. Saunders, Lucy-Claire // Asian Pacific Post;6/19/2008, p28
The article reports on the arrest of people engaged in two separate currency exchange businesses who were allegedly involved in organized crime and criminal activity in Langley, British Columbia.
- Turkey: Costly mistake sparks hunt for currency customer. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;11/9/2015, p1
The article reports that a bureau de change in Adana province of southern Turkey is trying to find a male customer, who was accidentally paid almost 10,000 Turkish liras in a mistaken transaction by the agency.
- Philadelphia Exchange plans new currency option. Tomasula, Dean // American Banker;8/12/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 155, p16
Reports on the launching of Philadelphia Stock Exchange's currency option which focuses on short-term currency hedging. Purpose of the new currency option; Advantages of use; Retail interest.