Restrictions proposed on foreign doctors
- Physician supply: A change in direction? Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;08/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p348
Reports on the 1996 physician-to-population ratio by province in Canada.
- Las Vegas to see more doctors, medical space. Yakubik, Paula // Las Vegas Business Press;8/7/95, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p3
Points out the shortage of physicians in Nevada. Ratio of population to general practitioners; Rate of growth of population; Number of physicians opening offices annually.
- Too many doctors, and more on the way. Roberts, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p868
Reports on the oversupply of physicians in the United States. Threat of unemployment faced by junior doctors; Increase in junior doctors interested in primary care; Grim outlook for junior doctors who seek to be matched to residency programs; Shortage of jobs for physicians; Increase of foreign...
- Should the government further regulate physician supply? Satcher, David; Hawkins, Joseph // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p10
Presents opposing views on whether government regulation of physician supply should be increased. Government involvement in Medicare; Need to change the distribution of physicians by specialty and geography; Increase in physicians' salaries; Demand for primary care physicians and specialists;...
- NEW STUDY SHOWS PHYSICIAN OVERSUPPLY. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;4/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p91
Reports on the oversupply of physicians in the United States.
- Physicians. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 23, p16
Reports on a study about the physician supply in the United States by the Sachs Group. Oversupply of specialists in the Northeast region; Shortage of primary care doctors; Contact information.
- Physicians. Solovy, Alden; Towne, Jennifer // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2003 Digest of Healtcare, p23
Presents forecasts on the supply of physicians in the U.S. from 2000 to 2020. Possible shortage of physicians in the future, according to a research conducted by several institutions; Percentage of increase in the combined growth of U.S. medical school graduates between 1980 and 2000; Decline...
- My oldest patient. Grief, Samuel N.; Saunders, Carol S. // Patient Care;5/15/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p219
Opinion. Reflects on the days of making house calls in the French-speaking border towns of Quebec, Ontario, Canada. Description of the scene at a 99 year old patient; Details on the author's experience during one of these visits.
- Steps needed to thwart physician surplus, says institute. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;Mar96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
Argues on the need to take steps in controlling the physician surplus in the United States and to brings supply more in line with demand. Contention from the National Academy of Science's Institute of Medicine; Increases in the number of international medical graduates; Comments from the...
- Suddenly doc practices are sold to hospitals. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;10/28/94, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the bidding war for doctor practices in New Hampshire. Three major forces in the state competing for doctor practices.