Walt Disney Co. approves new Eisner contract
- We're All Ears... // New York;11/8/99, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p18
Presents excerpts from an e-mail memo of Walt Disney chairman Michael Eisner to the Disney staff.
- Don't be like Mike. Bing, Stanley // Fortune International (Europe);12/13/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p86
Comments on the broken relationship of Walt Disney Company Chief Executive Officer Michael Eisner, and the former Disney president he hired, and fired, Michael Ovitz. Analysis of their perceived personal relationship as solely based on business; Details of the court case concerning the severance...
- Don't be like Mike. Bing, Stanley // Fortune;12/13/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p266
Comments on the broken relationship of Walt Disney CEO Michael Eisner, and the former Disney president he hired, and fired, Michael Ovitz. Analysis of their perceived personal relationship as solely based on business; Details of the court case concerning the severance package Ovitz received upon...
- Clash of the Titans? Brown, Corie // Newsweek;10/7/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 15, p83
Looks at rumors in Hollywood which suggest that Michael Eisner, chairman of the Walt Disney Company, and Michael Ovitz are not getting along. Ovitz's position as president of Disney; Ovitz lack of direct responsibility for any of the company's divisions; The issue of the title chief operating...
- Fostering Creativity. EISNER, MICHAEL // Vital Speeches of the Day;06/01/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p500
Presents a speech by Michael Eisner, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Walt Disney Company, given to the Variety/Schroeders Big Picture Conference in New York, New York, dealing with the implementation of a legislative, economic and technological environment to foster creativity.
- THE BID'S DEAD, BUT DON'T SAY ADIEU YET. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;5/17/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p34
Considers Comcast's Steve Burke as a possible successor to Michael Eisner as the next chief executive officer of Disney. Pressure from dissident shareholders to replace Eisner; Highlights from Burke's career; Dropping of Comcast's takeover bid for Disney.
- A TRUSTWORTHY HEIR TO WALT. KIDS LIKED HIM TOO. // Time;4/18/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p16
Looks back at an article in the April 25, 1988, issue of "Time" which profiles former Walt Disney Company chief executive officer Michael Eisner. Report that Eisner was seen as a charismatic figure who hosted the "Disney Sunday Movie"; Replacement of Eisner with Robert Iger, the former Disney...
- MICHAEL D. EISNER. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 47, Special section p10
Profiles Walt Disney Entertainment Executive Michael D. Eisner in the United States. Personal background; Educational achievements; Career highlights.
- Mickey's Fight Club. Ordoñez, Jennifer // Newsweek;11/29/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 22, p42
Reports on the trial regarding the significant severance package given to former Walt Disney Co. president Michael Ovitz following his firing just 15 months after he started with the company. Description of the strain between Ovitz and Disney CEO Michael Eisner; Details of the trial, expected to...