Computers face millennium meltdown
- Is your computer ready for the Year 2000? Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p22
Answers a question relating to the Year 2000 problem of computer software. Estimates on the overall cost of correcting the Year 2000 problem; Possible solutions; Recommendation on the purchase of transition software such as the TRANS2000. INSET: Year 2000 changeover plan..
- Ghost in the machine. Rebetsky, Roger // World Wastes;Jun98, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p38
Discusses the year 2000 computer problem. Preparations for software and hardware systems. INSET: Does your software pass the Y2K test?.
- 1999: The year of the Y2K challenge. Pinder, Clare // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p59
Comments on the urgency for accounting practices in New Zealand to become prepared for the year 2000 computer date conversion problem. Concerns on the perceived lack of readiness among small and medium-sized businesses; Recognition of the many operational threats of the problem.
- Year 2000 Conference & Exhibit. Fink, Mitchell A. // Conference Analysis;02/10/98, Vol. 5 Issue 417, p1
Reports on the Year 2000 Conference and Exhibit held at the New York Hilton Hotel last January 15-16, 1998. Discussion on awareness and development of plans for testing infrastructure; Participation of representatives from US regulatory agencies; Recognition for members of the Securities...
- Custody 2000 group testing picks up steam. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;03/15/99, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1
Reports on year-2000 readiness testing conducted by members of the Custody 2000, a group of securities industry institutions. Expansion of coverage markets; Inadequacies of the group's proxy testing; List of original Custody 2000 members.
- Latest Digit Jitters Prompted by Y2K Anxiety. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;09/13/99, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the myth of the September 9, 1999, computing crisis. Background on the other computing crises that turned out as myths; Myth as caused by fear of the Year 2000 computing crisis.
- The Year 2000 Problem. Hantula, Richard // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p37
No abstract available.
- Legal Implications of the Millennium Bug: The Multiple Roles of Lawyers in Coping with the Fallout from the Trillion-Dollar Computer Glitch. Nations, Howard L.; Duke, Mark L.; Black Jr., Gary R. // Review of Litigation;Summer99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p417
Examines the legal pitfalls that await the company that either willfully or unwittingly has chosen to ignore or underestimate the seriousness of the Y2K bug. Nature of the Year 2000; Discussion on contract litigation issues; Tort litigation issues; Liability of corporate officers and directors;...
- The Clock's Ticking. Cys, Jane // AHA News;08/09/99, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p4
Discusses several issues facing hospitals in the United States (US) about the Year 2000 date conversion problem (Y2K). Importance for hospital to consider the Y2K readiness of the utilities industry; List of computer-controlled potentially high-risk medical devices issued by the US Food and Drug...
- Y2K plan pays off following disaster. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;02/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the role of the preparations made for the 2000 computer problems in coping up with the devastating tornado that hit Tuscaloosa in Alabama. Claims of the West Alabama Chapter of the American Red Cross on the preparations; Significance of the trailer outfitted with computers; Link of...