The vital importance of being earnest about CPD
- Employment tribunal fees "severely limit" justice for workers. // Employers Law;Sep2014, p4
The article presents a study by Bristol and Strathclyde universities researchers as of September 2014, which showed that the imposition of employment tribunal fees has acutely restricted access to justice for workers in Great Britain.
- Eight hundred complete Diploma in Postgraduate Dental Studies. // British Dental Journal;6/25/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 12, p562
The article reports that the number of dentists who received their Diplomas in Postgraduate Dental Studies at Bristol University in Bristol, England has reached more than 800.
- Work-force development looms as critical need. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the need for Tucson, Arizona-based companies to invest in continuing education and workforce development programs to serve a changing economy. Advanced training offered by Pima Community College, University of Arizona and University of Phoenix; Raytheon's offer of a multitude of...
- Companies weigh the merits of educating their employees. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/1/96, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p15
Discusses a variety of educational benefit packages offered by particular companies in New Orleans, Louisiana. Includes ongoing training for employees in health care; In-house training sessions for bank employees; Benefits of continuing education to employees. INSET: East Jefferson General...
- Getting your master's degree at the office. Perrone, Ellen // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p15A
Reports on the college and graduate-level education courses offered by companies to their employees in Indianapolis, Indiana. Bringing of resources and educational opportunities directly to employees; Professional and personal development of employees; Difficulty in taking classes in other...
- Online networks build time savings into employee education. Mayadas, A. Frank // HR Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p31
Reports on Asynchronous Learning Network (ALN) that allows employees to take courses, earn certificates and even complete master's degrees. Computer and communications technologies that can be used to distribute assignments for ALN; Options for discussion and questions; Two examples that show...
- MODULES CAN PROVE HELPFUL AS A TRAINING AID. Carter, Robert N.; Carter, Sylvia M. // Training & Development Journal;Feb78, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p52
Explains how the use of the module as a method of instruction can be a significant aid in improving efforts in continuing education in the corporate setting. Measurement of knowledge before and after training; Preparation of the training module; Tips for the instructor on how to use the module;...
- Arm yourself for the job hunt with a degree. Klein, Ed // Westchester County Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 27, pS4
Elaborates on the importance of continuing education to employees. Erasure of a potential source of inferiority and lack of confidence; Increase in the numbers of corporate employers that provide employees with instruction or training.
- Trading in their jobs for the classroom. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HR Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the finding of KPMG Peat Marwick that African, Hispanic and Native Americans exchange their positions in the business for a higher educational degree. Optimism that the professionals-turned-doctoral candidates will become role models and mentors; Increase in the person's value when...