Network builds vocational training links in Europe
- Job Corps offers skills for life. // Career World;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p27
Reports on scholarships offered through Job Corps, the largest residential training program for young men and women in the United States. Training programs offered by Job Corps; Number of Job Corps centers in the U.S.; Eligibility requirements for Job Corps.
- Hempstead opens Universal Resources Career Center. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/16/97, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p59
Focuses on the opening of the Universal Resources Career Center in the town of Hempstead, Long Island, New York State. Operation of the facility by the town's Department of Occupational Resources; Contributions to the development of the local workforce.
- Idealliance Announces New G7 Training for Operators. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;10/6/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
The article offers information on a G7 calibration training course for digital print professionals provided by the International Digital Enterprise Alliance (Idealliance) at the Rochester Institute of Technology in New York on October 28 and 29, 2015.
- Polaris faces possible loss of money for training. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/18/94, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the effect of the Job Training Partnership Act on Ohio-based Polaris Career Center. Shop floor and classroom training at Polaris Career Center; Funding rules; Agreement between the Department of Labor and the National Tooling and Machining Association.
- Speedy route to success. // Works Management;Jul2000, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the training program aimed to increase manufacturing performance organized by the Manufacturing Institute in Manchester, England. Creation of the program for small and medium sized manufacturers; Goal for a world-class lean production system; Topics for discussion; Schedule and...
- Training disasters. // People Management;Jan2014, p66
The article shares the unforgettable experiences of several readers relating to personnel training seminars including one about handing out photocopies of the staff directory, another about the closure of a training center due to a bomb alert, and another about a team manager who read her...
- Cleveland JATC trains a quarter of its members. // American Lift & Handlers;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p60
The article offers information related to the Sheet Metal Workers Union Local 33 Cleveland Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (JATC), a training center approved by AWPT Inc., which trains 25 percent of its members through the AWPT operator training program every year.
- Looking Ahead. // California Job Journal;5/30/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1238, p11
A calendar of career development-related events in California in June 2010 is presented which includes Accelerated Networking Luncheon in Elk Grove, Job Readiness Workshop in Menlo Park, and Orientation for Jobseekers in Sacramento.
- VISITS & SEMINARS/COLLABORATIVE INITIATIVES. // SMART NewZine;Spring2015, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p17
The article offers news briefs in India in 2015 including the visit of National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corp. to Apparel Training & Design Centre Bhupal to link the marginalised with mainstream, orientation programme at Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan and training devotion.