Moving skills over the cultural divide
- Battle of the business schools. Crainer, Stuart // Management Today;Sep98, p54
Cites the growth of business schools in Great Britain. Where business schools originated from; Estimation of the Association of Master of Business Administration (MBA) on the number of people who will gain an MBA annually by year 2000; Number of membership schools which the Association of...
- Cal State San Marcos Kicks Off Fall 2007 'In the Executive's Chair' Series. // San Diego Business Journal;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p26
The article announces the offering of the College of Business Administration's "In the Executive's Chair" course by the Cal State San Marcos on September 5, 2007 in San Diego County, California. The course, inspired by the Bravo television series entitled "Inside the Actors Studio," is part of...
- In focus. // Global Focus: The EFMD Business Magazine;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the trends in management education, challenges on global management education market and restructuring of business management education in business schools.
- Rethinking of management education: the need to evolve equilibrium between supply and demand. Selvam, Jesiah // Educational Quest;Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p259
This paper critically examines the major inputs that are vital to evolve equilibrium between supply and demand of management graduates. The selected major inputs are physical and mental requirements, admission and induction standard, teaching and learning process, quality of human resource,...
- ESSEC INVITES BBAS TO 'BYOC'. // BizEd;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p57
The article reports that the ESSEC Business School has invited a number of students in the Build Your Own Course Global bachelor of business administration (BBA) program to create business courses and mentions transformation as a theme of the event.
- A NEW SUPPLY CHAIN. // Manufacturing Today;Nov/Dec2015, p101
The article offers information on the Mini-Master of Business Administration: Supply Chain in a Digitized Network, a certificate program offered by Rutgers Business School to help business leaders learn new technology, to be held at the Heldrich Hotel in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Making the right moves. // India Today;10/27/2014, p1
The article discusses the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta(IIM-C) in India. Topics discussed include upgraded technology and research facilities at the institute, its membership with the Community of European Management Schools and International Companies or CEMS and its accreditation...
- Gender and the MBA. KELAN, ELISABETH K.; JONES, RACHEL DUNKLEY // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Mar2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p26
We argue that while the male to female ratio in business school has not changed drastically, the mind-set in relation to gender has shifted in significant ways. Our study examines how MBA students talk about gender. We identify two main discursive repertoires that students use to make sense of...
- Identity Workspaces: The Case of Business Schools. PETRIGLIERI, GIANPIERO; PETRIGLIERI, JENNIFER LOUISE // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Mar2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p44
We introduce the concept of identity workspaces, defined as institutions that provide a holding environment for individuals' identity work. We propose that institutions offering reliable social defenses, sentient communities, and vital rites of passage are likely to be experienced as identity...