Bush appeals for literacy training in the workplace
- Barbara Bush: `Why I garden.' // Flower & Garden;Nov92, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p38
Presents an interview with first lady Barbara Bush who discusses her love of gardening. The `Barbara Bush' rose, a Jackson & Perkins hybrid tea rose; Mrs. Bush's membership in the Garden Clubs of America; How her mother taught her to garden; Lack of a green thumb; Gardening as escape; Favorite...
- Barbara Bush Gives Grandmotherly Advice to Crowd at Kansas College. // Community College Week;7/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p16
Focuses on the advice given by former U.S. First Lady Barbara Bush to a crowd at Butler County Community College in El Dorado, Kansas about the September 11, terrorist attack. Support given by the first lady to his son, U. S. President George W. Bush; Views on terrorism.
- Nancy Reagan. // U.S. News & World Report;10/3/94, Vol. 117 Issue 13, p18
States that two former first ladies, Nancy Reagan and Barbara Bush, have become more forthcoming about their personal views on abortion. Staunch anti-abortion position of their husbands; Recent comments of both women.
- First Lady teaches kids at D.C. non-profit center. // Jet;2/20/89, Vol. 75 Issue 20, p24
Describes first lady Barbara Bush's visit to Martha's Table in Washington, D.C. to exemplify the President's call for volunteerism.
- `Money isn't the major problem.' Baker, J. // Publishers Weekly;6/8/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 23, p18
Recounts the author's interview with First Lady Barbara Bush, concentrating on her involvement with illiteracy. Discusses the formation of the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, to encourage nationwide efforts to involve parents in literacy programs. Involving the industry; `Smart'...
- PERSPECTIVES. // Newsweek;12/6/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 23, p16
The article presents quotes and cartoons regarding culture and politics. Those quoted include former first lady Barbara Bush regarding former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin regarding actor Leonardo DiCaprio, and Associated Press reporter Heng Sinith regarding...
- Perspectives. // Newsweek;3/31/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 13, p15
Offers various quotes on a variety of issues stated by social and political celebrities. U.S. President George W. Bush addressing the nation as war broke out with Iraq; Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, vowing to his people that he would overthrow Bush; Former First Lady Barbara Bush on her...
- Barbara Bush tells Central State `family must come first.' // Jet;6/1/92, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p12
Presents comments on the importance of the family made by First Lady Barbara Bush as she accepted an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree from Central State University in Wilberforce, Ohio.
- Continuing education crucial for advancement. Somers // Inside Tucson Business;09/27/99, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p10
Comments on the significance of continuing education in technologically-advanced workplace. Forms of continuing education; Range of activities to consider in preparation of an employee personal development plan; Regular feedback as mentoring approach.