- Don't rest on your laurels in your career -- or in helping your business save pennies. Mountstevens, Sue // Grocer;9/17/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8022, p65
The article presents questions and answers related to employment including training with a food retailer and a cost-saving initiative at companies.
- Webequie trains for mine development. // Northern Ontario Business;Jun2013, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p34
The article reports that fourteen First Nation students from Webequie First Nation completed the Mining Essentials training program, a pre-employment training program.
- Does job training work? // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn94, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p50
Discusses correlative relationship between job training and employment in the United States. Implications of job training in the service oriented economy of the United States; Impact of the economic condition on the relative importance of job training; Comparison of the role of job training in...
- Tech training can provide bridge over digital divide. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p49
Features the TechReach-New Orleans Workforce Development Project, a national workforce development program that provides technical skills training, work-readiness preparation, job placement and career advancement opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed. Organizations spearheading the...
- Careers expert offers training, jobs tips. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p15
Presents answers to `San Diego Business Journal' readers' questions about career development, training, and employment. Recisions of acceptances to institutions of higher education; Use of the Internet to gain information about employment and educational opportunities; International internships;...
- Twenty Years of Manpower Training And Economic Development: The National and Regional Experience - Twenty Years of Employment and Training Programs: Whatever Happened To the Consensus? Mangum, Garth L. // Labor Law Journal;Aug81, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p508
Chronicles the history of manpower training and employment development programs in the United States. Highlights of employment and training programs from 1961 to 1971; Amendments and reauthorization of the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act (CETA); Total budget for employment and...
- Plan to create jobs in distressed neighborhoods irks residents. Webb, Mary // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p9
Reports the federal programs implemented by the City's Office of Economic Development to increase employment rural areas in New Orleans, Louisiana. Establishment of Renewal Community Tax Incentive; Value of income tax credits provided for each employee; Provision of education and job training.
- CONSOLIDATE, DECATEGORIZE AND DECENTRALIZE MANPOWER PROGRAMS, SHULTZ STATES. // Training & Development Journal;Aug70, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p33
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. government to consolidate, decategorize and decentralize the nation's manpower programs. Details of the proposed Manpower Training Act; Basic ways in which the Act would strengthen the manpower system; Advantages of combining manpower programs with other...
- Exit Strategy 9: Think Team. Humphreys, Laura // NZ Business;Mar2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p39
The article discusses a key strategy for developing a leveraged business that is not dependent on the business owner for its income, which is the employment, training and trusting a team of people.