IPD training expands in response to skills drive
- Effective management. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p61
Reports on the Institute of Personnel and Development's release of a practical program on developing management skills.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;05/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p64
Presents news briefs related to the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Conference and exhibition of the Northamptonshire branch; Conference on bullying in the workplace; Conference of the IPD in Ireland.
- A strategy where people make all the difference. Stevens, John // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p60
Explains how the Institute of Personnel and Development's (IPD) position paper `People make the difference' can help the need for a forward-looking strategy for managing and developing people. Issues described by the institute's consultative document called `Managing people--the changing...
- Don't forget your laptop. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p77
Features the exhibitors at the Harrogate 1997 national exhibition of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) in Great Britain. Highlights of the exhibition; Technological innovations provided by the exhibitors; Role of the innovations to employee development and personnel management...
- Institute News. // People Management;9/17/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p63
Presents news briefs relating to the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Approval given by Great Britain's Qualifications and Curriculum Authority; Course offered by IPD for human resource professionals; Publication released by the institute.
- Institute News. // People Management;11/11/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p70
Presents updates on the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) in Great Britain as of November 1999. Information on `The IPD Directory 2000' program; Details on publication `The Global HR Manager: Creating the Seamless Organisation' launched by the IPD; Remaining dates of the `Law on...
- Institute news. // People Management;6/11/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p73
Provides an update on several personnel management-related activities of the Institute of Personnel and Development in Great Britain. Resource speakers for the IPD and JSB Training conference on July 9, 1998; Context of the institute's research report; Messages shared by institute members of...
- Branch diary. // People Management;10/24/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p91
Presents information on various events for personnel management at different branches of the Institute of Personnel and Development. `Annual employment law update' with Olga Aikin; `Industrial tribunals' with John McMullen; `Recent ideas in organisation development' with David Guest; More.
- The smarter charter. Armstrong, Geoff // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p54
Focuses on the transition of the Institute of Personnel and Development to Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Benefits of chartered status; Duties of CIPD; Challenges faced by people management and development professionals.