- Manufacturing women showcase endeavours. Crichton, Katherine // Manufacturers' Monthly;Oct2008, p23
The article offers information on the Endeavour Awards given by the manufacturing industry in Australia. The awards have nine categories which include the Technology Application of the Year, Environmental Solution of the Year and Global Integration Award. They are given to outstanding individual...
- P-Squared Will Provide Multinational Training. // Official Board Markets;8/25/2007, Vol. 83 Issue 34, p11
The article offers information on the P-Squared Lean Champion Workshop to be held in Fresno, California in September 2007. Calpine Corrugated will host the event. The course will be taught concurrently in English and Spanish. Participants of the training will be able to learn how to implement...
- SURVEY: LACK OF LEADERSHIP SEEN TO THWART MANUFACTURING RENAISSANCE. // Appliance Design;Dec2012, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p12
The article cites a survey from Deloitte and The Manufacturing Institute which found that Americans feel that its leadership is off-course in improving manufacturing competitiveness and that the national economy continues to be weak and fragile.
- Lighting the Way. Jones, Ron // Green Builder Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p64
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of remembering that leadership comes in many forms after meeting a building systems manufacturer who asked for suggestions on sources for alternative raw material options to improve on his environmentally friendly products.
- GMA Leadership Forum on Tap for 2014. Hamstra, Mark // Supermarket News Expert Blog;11/19/2013, p13
The article offers information on the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) Leadership Forum to be held at the Broadmoor resort in Colorado Springs in August 2014.
- UK bosses 'lack leadership skills. // Works Management;Jul2001, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p10
Reports the lack of leadership among companies trying to implement lean manufacturing techniques in Great Britain. Absence of consistency and sustainability; Comparison between eastern and western firms on manufacturing; Importance of leadership and people issues in implementing peace.
- Leadership skills make a difference on the line. // IIE Solutions;Mar99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the benefits of leadership training at the production and service levels based on a study by K. Peter Kuchinke, a professor at the University of Illinois. Survey of manufacturing sites of a multinational telecommunications company; Outcomes of transformational leadership techniques.
- OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW. Newing, Rod // Accountancy;Jul1994, Vol. 114 Issue 1211, p49
Reports on the establishment of an Advanced Budgeting Study Group by the Consortium for Advanced Manufacturing International to study budgeting techniques and extend activity-based management process into planning in Great Britain. Study of companies whose management systems evolved under...
- Introduction. Evans, James R. // Quality Management Journal;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by leadership by Tipparat Laohavichien, Lawrence D. Fredendall, and R. Steven Cantrell, another on the collapse of an eBay business by Byron Finch and Xiaowen Huang, and another on quality costs and manufacturing by...