People power: Making the most of employee potential
- First centre for integration to open in Luton. // Precision Marketing;11/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p2
Reports that Great Britain's first Centre for Integrated Marketing has been given the approval to help what it labels as a fragmented and dysfunctional industry. Establishment of the center at the University of Luton in England; Research on the development of strategies, methods and tools to...
- "British Business Uncompetitive" warns National Centre for Competitiveness. // Management Services;Jul2001, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p5
Former Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry secretary Michael Heseltine Britain gave a series of lectures on competitiveness at the National Center for Competitiveness at the University of Luton in England. He claims that Great Britain has fallen in the international league table of...
- Championing exports. // Director;Jul98, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p77
Discloses that a grant was awarded to the University of Luton in England to offer a course which will focus on the importance of languages to export managers. Identification, training and development of several employees to become export managers.
- Sitecam aids remote learning. // Contract Journal;9/4/2002, Vol. 415 Issue 6393, p6
Reports on a site-camera installed by Benson's Northern Home Counties division at the University of Luton's main campus in England, for remote learning. Purpose of the site-camera according to Martyn Baker, project officer of the university; Features of the site-camera.
- IT IS OKAY TO QUESTION PRACTICE BUT DO IT WITH DUE CONSIDERATION. // Nursing Standard;5/17/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p27
The author reflects on her experience as a nursing student at the University of Luton in Luton, England and on how these experiences could help in her future practice. She relates her experience that made her aware of the need to consider the best way to communicate concerns. She realized that...
- Management accounting east of Siberia. Carman, Rob // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the partnership between the University of Luton and the Khabarovsk State Academy of Economics and Law in teaching management accounting. Background of the academy; Status of management accounting study in Russian universities; Components of the project.
- NOTICE BOARD. // Nursing Standard;2/1/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p71
The article reports on developments of organizations related to healthcare in Great Britain. Prodigy, an online resource supports professional development of primary care nurses and aids in decision-making. Refugee Council will hold a one-day conference in Manchester, England. University of...
- UK competitiveness hit by language skills shortages. Pickard, Jane // People Management;9/2/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p11
Reveals the results of a survey of companies conducted by the University of Luton Business School regarding the inability of the British to speak foreign language and integrate into different cultures. How British companies were affected by this disadvantage; Percentage of firms that paid no...
- Wowing the Salesforce. Gautier, Adele // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p43
Presents information on researches regarding sales incentive program. Information on a study done on sales incentives by Hewitt Associates in the United States; Findings of a study by University of Luton for the Society of Incentive Travel Executives; Results of a study by...