- HR's biggest challenges. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;5/21/2002, p10
Examines the effect of employment law on human resource. Problems associated with absenteeism, recruitment and retention; Concerns for internal disciplinary and grievance cases; Implications for employment tribunals application.
- â€¦in brief. // Personnel Today;1/29/2002, p3
Reports developments relating to human resource in Great Britain as of January 2002. Launch for a nationwide recruitment drive from Tesco; Increase of salary received by the NHS chief executives; Failure of the stakeholder pensions to attract the low-income earners.
- The ins & Outs of Displacement. Condon, Mary // Training & Development Journal;Feb84, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on the employment problem of displacement. Causes of displacement; Negative effects of displacement on displaced employees; Need to develop overall employability among the work force in order to capitalize on human resources.
- Business Vision of Human Resources. Gil-Estallo, Maria Dels Angels; Aparicio-Valverde, Mireia // International Advances in Economic Research;Feb99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p74
Provides information on a study which reflected upon the situation of the labor market. Characteristics of work supply and demand; Training needs of organizations; Conclusions.
- On appeal. // Personnel Today;6/4/2002, p15
Presents several cases concerning human resources and employment in Europe. Claim of an employee to benefit under the employer's long-term disability scheme; Requirements for evidence of fundamental breach of contract; Details on the stress claim of a post office employee.
- Employers beware. Fitzmaurice, Therese A. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/10/97, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p29
Discusses the employment laws frequently mentioned which can affect business in Connecticut. Basis of laws; Adage applied to human resource laws; Importance of knowing the laws and complying with them.
- How contracts can protect a firm's human capital. Callahan, Michael R. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p27A
Discusses how contracts can protect a firm's human capital. Importance of the use of employment agreement; Assurance of company's recovery time; Protection for employees.
- Jobs and pay in HR slide in downturn. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;5/7/2002, p1
Reports the slide downturn in employment and salary in human resources (HR) market. Cause of sudden downturn in human resource market; Details on average HR salaries in 2002; Decline rate of advertised compensation and benefits managers' salaries.
- Firms take more cautious approach to hiring staff. // Personnel Today;11/26/2002, p7
Reports on the increase in vigilance among companies in Great Britain regarding the recruitment of new staff members following several employee scandals. Use of human resources function as a tool to protect against staff misconduct; Methods adopted by the companies to scrutinize the employees.