Recruitment and selection
- Flexible labor: Restructuring the American work force. Clinton, Angela // Monthly Labor Review;Aug97, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p3
Studies the shift from direct hires of permanent workers to contingent workers in business services and engineering and management services. Trends in occupational employment; Industry shifts in occupational employment; Relation between trends in employment, occupations, output and input to the...
- Systems for Measuring and Assessing Adverse Impact. Bemis, Stephen E. // Public Personnel Management;Nov/Dec78, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p354
Focuses on the importance of maintaining information regarding the impact of employment practices in the U.S. Presumptions on the adverse impact; Details of the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures; Definition of recruitment process.
- Future staffing. ANGOTT, MARK R. // Credit Union Management;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p42
Offers a look at the employment in corporate America. Findings of a survey conducted by Management Recruiters International; Factors that contributed to the shortage of top job talents; Significance of employee retention.
- Assessment day preparation. // Design Week (Online Edition);8/15/2013, p14
In this article the author focuses on his first assessment day and asks for suggestions to prepare for the day before hand.
- At work, a new premium on years. Sacirbey, Omar // Christian Science Monitor;3/19/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 78, p14
Discusses the efforts of corporations to seek potential employees with a proven track record, rather than inexperienced workers, amid struggling economic conditions.
- When it comes to hiring, spring has sprung. ALEXANDER, JASON // New Hampshire Business Review;5/2/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the increase in the employment rate in various sectors including manufacturing, hospitality, and business services in New Hampshire.
- Saranac Lake extends ad for code enforcement job. Knight, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/27/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 125, p2
The article reports that Saranac Lake, New York will be advertising its vacant code enforcement position to try and draw a wider pool of applicants.
- Workforce investment priorities align with job projections. Blumer, Dianne // Alaska Economic Trends;Oct2014, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue that is focused on employment trends and state of businesses in Alaska in 2014.
- Things I Know. Fisher, Robert // Recruiter;Jul2014, p7
The article presents tips on success in recruitment, including not taking oneself too seriously, treating candidates and clients equally, and the need to adapt to changes.