Unilever forum `undemocratic' claim unions
- Directive action. Stirk, Hugh // People Management;10/24/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p50
States that Unilever's agreement to set up a European works council after two years of deliberation is a significant achievement for the Anglo-Dutch multinational. Unilever's opposition to the works council directive; Advantage of the trade union legislation; Decentralised structure of Unilever.
- Unilever's unions furious over Â£5bn share windfall. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;3/11/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p20
Reports on criticisms from the European works council and trade unions of Unilever against the decision of the company to give its shareholders a special dividend, as of March 1999. List of trade unions involved in the campaign against the move of Unilever; Background on the shareholder special...
- How Unilever's South Korean partnership fell apart. Kilburn, David // Advertising Age;8/31/92, Vol. 63 Issue 35, p3
Discusses why Unilever and Aekyung Co. are calling it quits after seven years of a successful joint venture in South Korea, and the charges and countercharges are flying. Breakup of Aekyung Industrial Co. includes a myriad of breach of contract allegations; Ideas for future development weren't...
- The last word: Late items in brief from the editor's desk. Hoppe, Kara // DCI;Apr96, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p108
Reports on the reorganization at the upper management of Unilever PLC in an effort to divide certain strategic and operational functions. Formation of a new executive committee to oversee all strategic operations; Appointment of Niall Fitzgerald as chairman; Promotion of Robert Phillips to...
- Pot plant. // Works Management;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the complexities in Unilever Bestfoods UK's outsourcing of equipment outside the European Union (EU) after the decision to buy machinery from Asia for a Pot Noodle production line. Policy of the EU on foreign equipment purchases; Ways of achieving the safety standards for the...
- Prepared Foods leading public companies. // Prepared Foods;Jul94, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p29
Reports on the use of double-wrapped paperboard cup in Knorr brand soups. Features of the double wrap.
- Filling Suave smoothly. Hartman, Lauren R. // Packaging Digest;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on Unilever PLC's 36-station volumetric filler. Home & Personal Care operation of the company; Packaging strategy of the company.
- Low fat soups. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p111
Features Knorr's Smart Recipes soups.
- Heavy rationalization at Unilever. // Chemical Week;3/2/94, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p8
Reports on Unilever PLC. Restructuring program; Decline in 1993 net profits; Job reduction worldwide; Closure of plants; Investment in Russian cosmetics company.