Drawing up a new careers contract
- SCO's survival strategy. Gates, Lana // Software Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p24
Reports that Santa Cruz Operation (SCO) Incorporated, supplier of Unix server operating systems and software in United States has laid off 10% of its workforce. Plans of SCO after actions were taken to lay-off its employees; Effects of the company's action to its product engineering and...
- SCO to build Internet tools into its OSes. Pontin, Jason // InfoWorld;2/5/96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on Unix system software provider Santa Cruz Operation Inc.'s (SCO) plan to bundle Internet services directly in its operating systems. Elimination of the need for separate Internet servers from companies such as Netscape Communications Corp.; Project Atlas as name of SCO's strategy; Sun...
- SCO tools integrate Unix and Windows. Foley, Mary Jo // PC Week;11/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p21
Reports on the introduction of Santa Cruz Operation Inc.'s terminal-emulation, remote-management and Advanced File and Print Server products. Includes TermVision; SuperVision; SCO Advanced Server.
- SCO fine-tunes Windows focus in rebound attempt. Leach, Norvin // PC Week;9/4/95, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p27
Reports on Santa Cruz Operation Inc.'s product plans and commitment to Windows-to-Unix connectivity. Spin-off of its OpenServer operating system; New logo; Series of client and layered server products; X Window System server for Windows 95; Integration product.
- The suspense is killing us. // Electronic News (10616624);04/22/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2113, p4
Reports on that Santa Cruz Operation Inc. is preparing to reveal plans for advancing the capacities of various global businesses as well as enterprise-level computing original equipment manufacturers.
- SCO gets dough for 64-bit Unix revamp. Burns, Christine // Network World;03/02/98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the financing of Santa Cruz Operation Incorporated's (SCO) UnixWare operating system move to Intel Corporations 64-bit Merced chip. Identification of companies which assisted Santa Cruz; Comments made by SCO President Alok Mohan; Insight on the deal made between SCO and its partners.
- Tarantella dances with old apps, new clients. Gaskin, James E. // Inter@ctive Week;11/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 40, p30
Presents information on Santa Cruz Operation Incorporated application broker called Tarantella, which delivers legacy applications running on any number of platforms, mainframes. What the application offers for clients; Features of the application; Cost of the application.
- SCO pushes NC architecture. Cunningham, Cara // InfoWorld;08/18/97, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p19
Reports on Santa Cruz Operations Inc.'s plans to embrace Java, network computing and an `any-client-friendly' strategy in an effort to position itself to better compete against Microsoft Corp. Operating system release code-named Tarantella and plan to meld UnixWare and OpenServer into a unified...
- SCO files for public offering. Leach, Norvin; Morrissey, Jane // PC Week;4/12/93, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p145
Reports on The Santa Cruz Operation Inc.'s filing of a request for an initial public stock offering. Estimated price per share; Sales and profit for 1992; Strength in Santa Cruz's position in expected fray against Microsoft Windows NT; Underwriters for the offering.