Danger at work in the supply chain
- Abstracts. Wright, Merridy // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1994, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p60
Presents an abstract of the paper `Understanding change in youth labour markets: A conceptual framework,' by David Ashton. Indication of the direction in which youth labour markets are moving in the 1990s; Identification of a number of forces of change operating on the labour markets; Role of...
- Young children. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 247, p2
Informs about the child labor around the world as surveyed by the US Labor Department.
- Observe the Season of Conscience against child labor. // Network News;Summer98, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the observance of the 1998 Holiday Season of Conscience against child labor. Activities; Materials; Contact information.
- Lost childhood. // Current Events;9/02/96, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p2a
Focuses on the social and economic conditions of child laborers worldwide. Child labor conditions in third world countries; Estimated number of child laborers worldwide; Involvement of Kathie Lee Gifford; Legislation in the United States aimed at curbing child labor; Encouragement to end the...
- Child Labor. // Monthly Labor Review;May98, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper on illegal child labor in the United States. Utilization of statistical surveys by authors Douglas Kruse and Douglas Mahony.
- Child labor. Price, Sean // Junior Scholastic;2/10/95, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p4
Discusses issues concerning child labor. Experiences of Iqbal Masih, a child laborer in Pakistan; Exploitation as the major problem; History; Health concerns; Solutions to child-labor abuse.
- Children not seen or heard. Cahill, Virginia D. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul98, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the unsafe conditions individuals have to contend with. Reference to the Kyoto Protocol, a treaty formed to stem the increase of greenhouse gas emissions; Number of children under 14 years who are forced into labor worldwide; Segment of the economy in which children have...
- Sitting for $$$ makes sense. Witte, M. // Career World;Apr91, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p19
Offers several ways students can earn money while watching other people's possessions. Baby-sitting; Plant-sitting; Yard-sitting.
- In harm's way: Child labor in the 90s. Smith, S.L. // Occupational Hazards;Nov95, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p23
Reports on child labor in the United States. Increase of child labor law violations; Barriers facing opponents of illegal child labor; Enforcement of child labor laws; Injuries suffered by underage workers. INSETS: Requirements for minor workers.;Harvesting heartache.;Major success with minors..
- Churches fight overseas child labor. Olsen, Ted // Christianity Today;10/28/96, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p77
Details the efforts of United States-based churches and denominations to find new ways to combat the use of child labor outside the United States. Difficulty in identifying products from companies that do not use child laborers; Use of child labor in rug industry.