Danger at work in the supply chain
- Abstracts. Wright, Merridy // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1994, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p60
Presents an abstract of the paper `Understanding change in youth labour markets: A conceptual framework,' by David Ashton. Indication of the direction in which youth labour markets are moving in the 1990s; Identification of a number of forces of change operating on the labour markets; Role of...
- Young children. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 247, p2
Informs about the child labor around the world as surveyed by the US Labor Department.
- Observe the Season of Conscience against child labor. // Network News;Summer98, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the observance of the 1998 Holiday Season of Conscience against child labor. Activities; Materials; Contact information.
- Lost childhood. // Current Events;9/02/96, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p2a
Focuses on the social and economic conditions of child laborers worldwide. Child labor conditions in third world countries; Estimated number of child laborers worldwide; Involvement of Kathie Lee Gifford; Legislation in the United States aimed at curbing child labor; Encouragement to end the...
- Report Urges Federal Limit on Hours Students Can Work. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;11/11/98, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p23
No abstract available.
- Child Labor. // Monthly Labor Review;May98, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper on illegal child labor in the United States. Utilization of statistical surveys by authors Douglas Kruse and Douglas Mahony.
- Child labor. Price, Sean // Junior Scholastic;2/10/95, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p4
Discusses issues concerning child labor. Experiences of Iqbal Masih, a child laborer in Pakistan; Exploitation as the major problem; History; Health concerns; Solutions to child-labor abuse.
- Breaking the chains. Price, Sean // Junior Scholastic;10/06/97, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p4
Questions what can be done about child labor world wide. Information on the amount of children employed; Definition of child labor; Description of child labor in the United States (U.S.); Identification of main cause; How U.S. companies influenced smaller companies to use child labor;...
- Children not seen or heard. Cahill, Virginia D. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul98, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the unsafe conditions individuals have to contend with. Reference to the Kyoto Protocol, a treaty formed to stem the increase of greenhouse gas emissions; Number of children under 14 years who are forced into labor worldwide; Segment of the economy in which children have...
- Sitting for $$$ makes sense. Witte, M. // Career World;Apr91, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p19
Offers several ways students can earn money while watching other people's possessions. Baby-sitting; Plant-sitting; Yard-sitting.