`Be prepared to blow your own trumpet'
- The `pay-forward' view of training. Lee, Richard // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p30
Describes the results of a preliminary research looking at the financial returns of training programs. Short-term and long-term benefits of the program; Basis of the training program of Frizzell Financial Services; Factors which enabled the Frizzell program to produce financial benefits. ...
- The danger of taking training to extremes. Cannell, Mike // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p57
Explains the concerns of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) towards extreme training methods. Main categories of extreme training methods; Need for practical and ethical guidelines for training; Risks to the physical or mental health of individuals with the use of extreme training...
- Development test. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p62
Reports on Institute of Personnel and Development West Yorkshire chapter's employee development strategy.
- Support for New Deal. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p11
Reports on the Institute of Personnel and Development's support to initiatives designed to increase the performance of employee.
- Multi-asking ability. Cannel, Mike // People Management;01/14/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the launching of the annual training and development survey of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Training issues to be examined; Survey as a source of authoritative data on training of employees; Announcement of the survey results at the April 1999 IPD Human Resource...
- IPD annual report. // People Management;9/26/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p10
Reports the Institute of Personnel and Development's (IPD) bigger training budget for staff development. IPD's commitment to gaining Investors in People status; Key financial targets of IPD; Comment of Derek Miles of IPD on the implications of the financial status of IPD.
- How to manage your own CPD. Fowler, Alan // People Management;10/24/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p54
States that most professionals institutes require evidence that members are following personal programmes of continuing professional development (CPD). Idea of CPD about intuitive learning; Emphasis in CPD; Four main categories of activities or events from Institute of Personnel and Development...
- Toolkit to value training. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p17
Reports on the toolkit developed by the organization Investors in People UK and the Institute of Personnel and Development, to assist firms measure the benefits of training.
- Skills task force to report on training levy in autumn. Rana, Eila // People Management;06/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p13
Presents information on the National Skills Task Force in Great Britain. Plans of the Institute of Personnel and Development; Details on the recommendations of the organization; Comments from Bert Clough, policy officer of the organization Trade Union Congress.