Council to ban union in row over official
- Unison to organise power of ULRs at London event. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;9/21/2015, Issue 155, p3
The article discusses the scheduled meeting on October 7-8, 2015 of Unison union learning representatives in London, England to talk about several initiatives and organise their power.
- Council faces legal challenge over cuts. // Community Care;4/18/2002, Issue 1418, p15
Reveals that Oxfordshire Council may face a legal challenge from public sector union Unison over its decision to vote for a package of cuts affecting vulnerable people on the England county. Potential grounds for a legal challenge; Components of the proposed cuts.
- Threat of Scots strikes recedes. // Public Finance;12/15/2000-01/04/2001, p13
Reports the decline of the industrial actions of the Unison labor union in Scotland. Demand of Unison for an increase in salary; Fraction of the Scottish councils affected by staff walkouts; Decision of the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities to offer a 6.1 percent salary increase for two...
- Unison delegates vote to go on strike. Day, Karen // Public Finance;06/21/2002, p8
Reports that Unison is preparing for a national industrial action after its members voted in favor on a campaign against privatization in Great Britain in 2002. Details on what the Unison members demand; Discussion on the motion passed by the conference; Remarks Unison general secretary Dave...
- Unison loses appeal on tribunal fees. // Employers Law;Mar2014, p4
The article reports on the failure of a bid by trade union Unison to invalidate the introduction of tribunal fees after High Court judges ruled insufficiency of evidence suggesting the unfairness of the fees.
- Unison hails key breakthroughs. Prentis, Dave // PFI Report;Apr2002, Issue 62, p15
Discusses the perspective of public sector union Unison on issues concerning private finance initiatives in Great Britain. Information on its campaign to resolve the two-tier workforce problem in local government and the British National Health Service; Stance on government concessions relating...
- Unison wage demands. // People Management;6/26/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p12
Reports on public sector workers' union group Unison's reaffirmation of its opposition to the British government's plan of setting the level of a minimum wage in consultation with the Low Pay Commission.
- Unions urge employers to match contributions. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;3/5/2002, p7
Focuses on the demand of TUC and Unison to the government to introduce a legislation concerning pension schemes in Great Britain. Number of employees with salary pensions; Statement of TUC general secretary John Monks concerning salary pensions scheme; Design of the legislation asked by TUC and...
- CAREER CLINIC. Sanger, Alison; Kennedy, Gordon // Community Care;11/1/2007, Issue 1697, p38
The article presents questions and answers related to career development including the advantages of taking a more active role at the trade union Unison and the case of en employee who just returned from maternity leave and found that she is being steered away from management tasks.