Pay and benefits
- Legal risks often accompany reductions in wages and benefits. Rubin, Jennifer B. // Employee Benefit News;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p11
Discusses certain legal guidelines that must be considered by U.S. employers before making salary and benefit modifications. Importance of timing a salary reduction; Risks and rewards of modifying compensation.
- Pay and benefits. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p6
Presents news about employee compensation and benefits in Great Britain. Compensation by Eastern Electricity on employees who belong to its save-as-you-earn share option scheme; Attempt of British Airways to encourage staff to take their profit-related bonuses in shares; Employees complains...
- Pay and benefits. // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p8
Presents various reports on the business sector focusing on pay and benefits of employees. Warning on pay claims to the local government workers; Staff that are more likely to be given a company car in the UK than in other European countries; Pressuring bank staff into working unpaid overtime.
- Pay and benefits. // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p5
Presents reports relating to pay and benefits in Great Britain. Result of a survey by Sedgwick Noble Lowndes on the salary received by senior personnel managers; Survey on the increase in the level of pay in 1996; Advantages of Stagecoach acquisition of Greater Manchester Buses South to workers...
- CEO Update. Wilson, Michael // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Nov2010, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p5
The article shares the efforts to create a new magazine that will help people address issues relating to benefits and compensation.
- Good Place to Work? McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p26
Looks at the employee benefits offerings by Indiana companies. Comparison with benefits offered by those included in 'Fortune' magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For list; Results of Compdata's survey of Indiana employers' wages and benefits.
- Benefits Update. McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p18
Examines the employee pay and benefits in Indiana. Responses of employers to uncertainty in the economy; Increase in employee premiums; Shift of costs to employees.
- How do your staff salaries stack up? Weiss, Gail Garfinkel // Medical Economics;4/11/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p32
Highlights rates of increases in salaries and fringe benefits for various employees in the U.S. during the period 2001 to 2003. Salary increases; Pension plans; Medical benefits; Comparison of staff salaries in various states.
- In just 3 years, job seekers now have upper hand. // Westchester County Business Journal;07/27/98, Vol. 37 Issue 30, p40
Reports on the advantages of job candidates in negotiating salary and benefits in the United States. Difficulty in recruiting and retaining good employees; Counter offers by companies.
- Wage Developments in 1964. Benny, Ruth W. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct65, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p1182
Summarizes developments in wages and related benefits in the United States in 1964. Measures of wage change; Effective wage changes covered by collective bargaining; Wage decisions and adjustments in various industries; Comparison with wages and benefits in previous years.