New in print
- Journal round-up. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p53
Presents different journals for personnel management. `Personnel Psychology'; `Journal of Management Studies'; `Human Resource Management'; `Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology'; `Journal of Applied Psychology'.
- New products and services. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p43
Presents products and services dealing with personnel management. `25 Role Plays for Developing Counselling Skills' manual published by Gower; `Interactive Manager,' book and software package.
- Where to read the things a consultant doesn't tell you. Baillie, John // People Management;10/19/95, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p63
Reviews two academic journal review regarding personnel and business management. `New Technology, Work and Employment, Volume Ten, Number Two,' by Hugh Willmont of Manchester School of Management; `Employee Relations, Volume 17, Number Three,' by Steven Hill and Andrian Wilkinson.
- Problem solver. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p66
Presents Business & Legal Reports Inc.'s manual called `Human Resources Problem Solver'. Topics included in the manual; Price. INSET: Lite tools..
- Job descriptions, employment manuals give direction. Beswick, James B. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9SB
Offers advice on creating job-related documents that can ease the working situations of both employees and employers. Information to be included in job descriptions; Basics covered by the employment manual or handbook; Consultation with the company's lawyer for suggestions.
- Manuals that reenergize HRD. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p63
Features manuals on human resource management from Jacob-Cameron Publishing. Includes `How to Conduct a Human Resources Effectiveness Audit'; `Waking Up the Organization to Internal Customer Service'; `Vanguard Staffing Practices.'
- Journal round-up. // People Management;4/6/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p57
Presents articles from different journals in Europe concerning people management. `Personnel Psychology,' studied by Gary Latham and Glen Whyte emphasizing financial information and adoptation of a utility system for managers; Article about macrosurvey research by Bill McCarthy taken from...
- What's new. Rogers, Beth // HR Magazine;Dec1996, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p131
Provides information about a variety of human resource related products including guidebooks, videos and compact-disc read-only memory (CD-ROM) `A World of Difference,' a ten-minute video meeting opener from corVision Media; `Workplace Safety in Action: Emergency Response,' a manual from the...
- Make HR and information systems partners. // Personnel Journal;May94, Vol. 73 Issue 5, New Product News p11
Describes 'Human Resource Management & Information Technology: Achieving A Strategic Partnership,' a comprehensive tutorial that is a vital systems planning tool for HR and information systems professionals. Naomi Lee Bloom's Learning Products; Contact information.