How to profit from inside information
- Not Keeping A Hotline Can Be A Costly Mistake. Brandman, Barry // Food Logistics;1/15/2002, Issue 47, p60
Discusses the importance of opening up a line of communication between management and their work force. Examples of cases in which employees kept silent instead of approaching the management when they witnessed crimes or unethical practice in the company; Reason for the decision of several...
- FIRST SPARKS. Brice, Stacy // OfficePro;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p34
Presents tips on establishing solid client relationships. Importance of communication; Way to impress a client.
- Clarity, communication reduce corporate conflict. Allnoch, Allen // IIE Solutions;Feb98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the importance of clarity and agreement about job expectation in an organization. How a clear definition of corporate goals can help individuals and the company; Why the approach to focus on an executive in time of organizational conflict is wrong.
- Improper replies to people with monkeys on their backs! Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Nov94, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p114
Focuses on managers' role in dealing with employees with problems. Roles in problem solving; Scenarios; Need for managers to listen to a worker's perception of a problem.
- Mad about me. Yalom, Irvin D.; Yalom, Ben // Inc.;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p37
Discusses the strains in employer-employee relations. Importance of communication in industrial relations; Role of the subordinate in improving the relationship; Advantages of taking responsibility in the pursuit of goals.
- Say it calmly. Lindenfield, Gael // Management Today;Oct99, p97
Offers advice on industrial relations. Need to avoid aggressiveness; Importance of avoiding the words `should' and `would'; Talking in the first person.
- Communication easier when the planets align. Hense, Paul // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the difficulty in communicating among individuals involved in business. Overview on the author's experience of having difficulty communicating with various individuals involved in business; Types of industrial relationships where the potential for communication to become...
- Communicating personal power. Haddock, Patricia // Supervision;Jul95, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p20
Provides tips on how to communicate personal power. Development of authority and assertiveness; Benefits of networking; Cultivation of a positive image; Communication skills.
- Nine ways to improve your communications. POLLOCK, TED // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jan1999, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p10
Offers suggestions on how managers and employees can communicate well. How to avoid ambiguity; Tips in explaining; How to establish rapport.
- Can you teach your people to think smarter? Grillo, Carolyn // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the need for management to listen to the ideas of employees. Trap of learned context; Acceptance of feedback.