Competition spurs creativity
- Ganging Up On Snow White. // Time;7/2/1973, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p63
The article reports on the alliances of European computer firms to cut International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) market share. It notes that the European Common Market Commission has proposed to form alliances to gang up IBM's share in the fast-growing market. It mentions that West Germany's...
- Amalgamation; Education; Duplication. // Accountancy;May68, Vol. 79 Issue 897, p349
The article reports developments related to business in Great Britain. ICT, English Electric, Plessey and Ministry of Technology jointly formed the International Computers Limited. International Business Machine Corp. provided training to resolved the shortage of trained computer personnel....
- Computers for sale. // Nature;8/2/1990, Vol. 346 Issue 6283, p398
Opinion. Comments on the sale of the British computer manufacturer, International Computers Limited, to Fujitsu, a Japanese firm. The merger should help the new Europe from chauvinistic protectionism.
- Untitled. // InfoWorld;9/6/93, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p29
Reports on International Computers' VideoOut board and S-VHS cable hookup. Prices; Board's conversion of digital signals into NTSC format for display; S-VHS format's high-resolution display; Contact information.
- ICL buys Polish software vendor. // Electronic News;7/5/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1970, p15
Reports on International Computer (ICL) taking a 51 percent stake in Poland's Softbank Ltd. Undisclosed financial terms; Softbank revenues; Softbank's push into the software markets in Poland.
- The 1970 Final. // Accountancy;May70, Vol. 81 Issue 921, p369
Features the business game slated in March 1970 at the Putney Headquarters of the Great Britain-based company, International Computer Ltd. Participants; Details of the game; Winner.
- Mainframes for everyone. // Accountancy;Jul1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1103, p63
Reports on International Computers Ltd.'s introduction of the Series 39 Level 30 minicomputer. Features; Minimum configuration costs.
- ICL debuts Notes groupware rival. Rooney, Paula // PC Week;6/14/93, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p76
Reports on International Computers Ltd's TeamOffice Server 3.0 five workgroup programs. TeamMail, an electronic-mail module; TeamCalendar, a group calendar module; TeamLibrary, a document-management and document-archive module; TeamForum, an electronic bulletin-board module; TeamFlow, a...
- Cadence, ICL in outsource pact. // Electronic News;04/14/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2163, p10
Reports on Cadence Design Systems' outsourcing contract with International Computers Ltd. Addition of European-based chip design expertise to the company's design services division; Expansion of Design Factory network; Agreement to provide integrated circuit design services to International...