- Tell us more. Whiteley, Philip // Director;Jun2001, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p34
Deals with the concerns over a proposed European law on workers' legal rights to information and consultation. Effect of the law on small and medium-sized enterprises in Great Britain; Concern over the sanctions facing companies that fail to comply with the directive; Plan to put the onus on...
- Wiping out sweat shops. Moyes, Howard // State Government News;Nov96, Vol. 39 Issue 10, pXi
Features California's Targeted Industries Partnership Program, an initiative to coordinate enforcement of labor-law protections for farm and garment workers. Distribution of bilingual pamphlets highlighting workers' rights and employers' responsibilities to employee advocacy groups; Recovery of...
- Whither international worker rights? Senser, Robert A. // Freedom Review;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p69
Analyzes the state of international worker's rights. International Labor Organization (ILO); International child labor issues; Worker activism; Wages; Forced labor; Corporate responsibility; Human rights issues; Labor rights issues.
- Bill would mire personnel folders in red-tape. Floyd, William // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the controversy over an employment-related bill pending in the South Carolina General Assembly. Goal of requiring employers to copy and produce virtually everything within an employee's personnel file upon request; Inherent right of all employees to examine personnel records;...
- Workers want: paid sick days. Meric, L:inda // East Bernard Express (TX);1/7/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the author's opinion on the responsibility of the government towards the welfare of workers.
- Federal contractors must post new union notice. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Aug2010, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the requirement for federal contractors and subcontractors in the U.S. to post new pro-union poster "Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act," which took effect on June 21, 2011.
- Social partners split over recognition compromise. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;5/28/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p9
Provides information on the Fairness at Work white paper which has enshrined employment rights for individuals and for trade union members in the United Kingdom. Reactions of the employer bodies on the document; Provisions under the white paper. INSET: Key proposals.
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;4/6/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p12
Presents policies that provide equal opportunities for employees in Great Britain. Policies concerning the family imposed by the Institute of Personnel and Development for the effectiveness of the organization; Effect of the compulsory competitive tendering (CCT) to women; Rejection of the...
- JAPAN. // Accountancy;Sep97, Vol. 120 Issue 1249, p88
Reports on the introduction of the Employment Rights Bill 1997 in the Lords in Great Britain. Backbench measure introduced by Lord Archer of Sandwell.