Health and safety
- Beating the burglary blues. // Psychology Today;May/Jun96, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the psychological aftermath of a burglary. Victims' lack of a feeling of security and inviolability; Psychiatrist Billie Corder's interviews with burglary victims; Rape metaphor; Impact on children.
- Effects of burglary on elderly people. O'Neill, Desmond; O'Shea, Brendan; Lawlor, Rita; McGee, Carmel; Walsh, J.B.; Coakley, Davis // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/17/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6688, p1618
Examines the effect of burglary on the health and wellbeing of elderly in the United States. Verification of the prevalence, effects and risk factors of burglary; Assessment of the medical treatment received by the elderly; Factors contributing to the decline of vulnerability of the elderly on...
- Government downbeat on UK ability to manufacture. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;10/2/2002, Issue 2070, p1
Reports that the British government has recognized that high volume manufacturing has poor prospects in the country and that industry should concentrate on its intellectual and creative abilities. Outlook of Anthony Parish, executive chairman of the trade body Intellect on manufacturing...
- Industry back on growth tack. // Professional Engineering;12/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p4
Reports that the manufacturing industry in Great Britain has shown soft growth in November 2000 according to the monthly purchasing managers' survey by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- COMMENTARY. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;10/03/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p3
Presents commentaries on currency in Great Britain. Financial aspect; Commodity of the money in the field of engineering; Job cuts and capacity reductions in the industrial sector.
- People and posts. // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p7
Lists the names of people and their appointments in the different industries in United Kingdom. Anne Martin from Co-operative Retail Services; Derek Wintle of Europe, Middle East and Africa region of Dow Jones Telerate; Lindsay Brook of Nokia Mobile Phones; Tricia Bradley as director of...
- Merchants cautious at the half-way stage. Pateman, Chris // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun95, p7
Discusses the slowdown of industrial growth in Great Britain during 1995. Operating profits; Increased activity in the new housing sector in southern England; Companies' consideration of taking out further costs from their businesses; Efforts to improve customer service; Effects of political...
- Why consumers have upper hand in battle for data. // Precision Marketing;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Discusses issues pertaining to problems encountered by companies in the marketing sector of Great Britain to establish an efficient customer data gathering system. Background on consumer database management; Features of personal electronic vaults; Incentives offered by companies to encourage...
- BACKPAGE. Excell, Jon // Engineer (00137758);4/21/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 7746, p82
The article discusses reports published within the issue concerning the developments surrounding the automobile sector in Great Britain.