Agencies believe legislation must combat ageism
- Sorry, you're overqualified. Leahy, John T. // BusinessWest;Sep95, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p45
Reports on a court ruling which states that an employer does not violate the Age Discrimination Employment Act (ADEA) by refusing to hire all applicants who are overqualified. Review of the case titled `Equal Employment Opportunity Council (EEOC) versus Insurance Co. of North America (ICNA)';...
- Act now to prevent future age discrimination claims. McIntire, James G. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p26A
Focuses on age discrimination claims. Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA); Possible questions for the employee in a trial; Advice in the prevention of age discrimination claims.
- A new twist on the 'Old Age Discrimination act' Brady, Teresa // Management Review;Dec96, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p38
Discusses United States' Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). ADEA quiz to determine ADEA IQ; Goals of ADEA; Components of the legal case involving James O'Connor, terminated regional sales manager of Consolidated Coin Caterers Corporation; Supreme Court Justice Scalia's determinants of...
- They may go, but not quietly. // Agri Marketing;Jan1994, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p10
Reports on professionals invoking the Age Discrimination in Employment Act against employers. K-Mart's lawsuits involving former store managers.
- Employment law advisor. Hartman, Gerald S. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 56, p6
Focuses on developments related to the 1967 Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). Corporate downsizing and the increase in ADEA-related lawsuits; US Supreme Court's refining of inquiry under ADEA; Court's pronouncement on the plaintiff's burden of proving ADEA violations. INSET: Briefly...
- ADEA front pay awards: Who should determine the amount? Bailey, B. Todd // Brigham Young University Law Review;1992, Vol. 1992 Issue 3, p705
Focuses on the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) of the United States and its relation to the nature of front pay awards. Purpose of the ADEA; Rules of the ADEA; Information on the remedial provisions of the ADEA.
- Dismissals age limit `unlawful'. // People Management;2/19/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the ruling of an industrial tribunal in Great Britain to reject an age limit barring over-65s from claiming unfair dismissal, citing the incompatibility of the British law with the Treaty of Rome.
- Employment & training. // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1993, Vol. 12 Issue 2
Reports on the plans of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory to introduce legislation to tackle age discrimination in employment.
- Employment & training. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1992, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p10
Reports on a call for the abolition of age discrimination legislation in Australia as published in the periodical `Mercury' dated June 25, 1992. Lowering of the cost of trainee wages.