Effects of age, speech rate, and type of test on temporal auditory processing
- Patterns of Orofacial Movement Velocity Across Variations in Speech Rate. McClean, Michael D. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p205
To understand the clinical aspects of speech rate control, a clearer picture is needed of how orofacial structures are coordinated across variations in speech rate. To address this problem, patterns of orofacial tangential velocity or speed were analyzed in a group of 9 normal speakers as they...
- Recognition of multiply degraded speech by young and elderly listeners. Gordon-Salant, Sandra; Fitzgibbons, Peter J. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct95, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1150
Investigates the hypothesis that age effects exert an increased influence on speech recognition performance as the number of acoustic degradations of the speech signal increases. Age-related decline in understanding degraded speech; Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR); Multiply degraded speech.
- ELECTROPALATOGRAPHIC AND SPECTROGRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF ALLOPHONIC VARIANTS OF /l/. Lehman, Mark E.; Swartz, Bradford // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Feb2000, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p47
Investigates prevocalic and postvocalic /l/ in three adult subjects utilizing a combination of electropalatographic and acoustic techniques. Characteristics of prevocalic /l/; Use of models that relate physiological and acoustical aspects of speech to account for observed results.
- Examining the role of auditory sensitivity in the... Nittrouer, Susan; Crowther, Court S. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug1998, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p809
Presents information on the study which examines the role of auditory sensitivity in the developmental weighting shift for speech. Materials and methods; Experimental procedures; Discussion on the results.
- Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia During Speech Production. Reilly, Kevin J.; Moore, Christopher A. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p164
The amplitude of the respiratory sinus arrhythmia (RSA) was investigated during a reading aloud task to determine whether alterations in respiratory control during speech production affect the amplitude of RSA. Changes in RSA amplitude associated with speech were evaluated by comparing RSA...
- Evaluation of auditory enhancement and auditory suppression in listeners with normal hearing and... Thibodeau, Linda M. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p947
Investigates the auditory performance of persons with abnormal speech recognition despite having normal hearing. Auditory suppression and auditory enhancement; Differences in hearing during two-tone suppression.
- Efectos de la retroalimentaciÃ³n auditiva retardada en los patrones de tartamudez. Hernández Jaramillo, Janeth; Lozada, Yelitza Gil // Revista Ciencias de la Salud;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p243
The present study corresponds to a single subject design, analyzes the patterns of stuttering in the speech corpus in various oral language tasks, under the conditions of use or non-use of Delayed Auditory Feedback (DAF), in order to establish the effect of the DAF in the frequency of occurrence...
- Speech-sounds perception test: Analysis of error types in normal and diffusely brain-damaged... Charter, Richard A.; Dutra, Robin L. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun97 Part 2, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p1507
Presents a study in which an analysis of the Initial, Terminal, and Both errors on the Speech-Sounds Perception Test was conducted on data collected from 104 normal controls and 56 diffusely brain-damaged patients. More Terminal and Both errors recorded from the brain-damaged group; Analysis...
- Reliability Issues with the Synthetic Sentence Identification Test. Pugh, Kenneth C.; Crandell, Carl C.; Griffiths, Scott K. // Journal of the American Academy of Audiology;Jun1998, Vol. 9 Issue 3
This investigation examined the reliability of the Synthetic Sentence Identification (SSI) test. An adaptive procedure was used to assess speech recognition thresholds (SRTs) for the SSI lists over two separate test sessions. The commercially available Davy Crockett passage and a multitalker...