A system for three-dimensional visualization of human jaw motion in speech
- Comprehensive Model and Image-Based Recognition of Hand Gestures for Interaction in 3D Environments. Bernardes, J.; Nakamura, R.; Tori, R. // International Journal of Virtual Reality;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p11
Interest in gesture-based interaction has been growing considerably, but most systems still limit the recognition of hand gestures to a small set of signs. We present a model for hand gestures that allows the definition of thousands of distinct signals based on the combination of a much smaller...
- Model-Based Synthesis of Visual Speech Movements from 3D Video. Edge, James D.; Hilton, Adrian; Jackson, Philip // EURASIP Journal on Audio Speech & Music Processing;2009, Vol. 2009, Special section p1
We describe a method for the synthesis of visual speech movements using a hybrid unit selection/model-based approach. Speech lip movements are captured using a 3D stereo face capture system and split up into phonetic units. A dynamic parameterisation of this data is constructed which maintains...
- 3DARModeler: a 3D Modeling System in Augmented Reality Environment. Do, Trien V.; Jong-Weon Lee // International Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering;May2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p145
This paper describes a 3D modeling system in Augmented Reality environment, named 3DARModeler. It can be considered a simple version of 3D Studio Max with necessary functions for a modeling system such as creating objects, applying texture, adding animation, estimating real light sources and...
- SynFace--Speech-Driven Facial Animation for Virtual Speech-Reading Support. Salvi, Giampiero; Beskow, Jonas; Al Moubayed, Samer; Granström, Björn // EURASIP Journal on Audio Speech & Music Processing;2009, Vol. 2009, Special section p1
This paper describes SynFace, a supportive technology that aims at enhancing audio-based spoken communication in adverse acoustic conditions by providing the missing visual information in the form of an animated talking head. Firstly, we describe the system architecture, consisting of a 3D...
- 3-D graphics efforts expand. Quinnell, Richard A.; Granville, Fran // EDN;3/28/96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p38
Reports on developments in three-dimensional (3D) graphics capability. Philips Semiconductors' launch of 3D-Master in Hanover, Germany enabling designs of add-on cards; Apple Computer's release of QuickDraw 3D rendering-acceleration virtual engine (RAVE) application-programming interface for...
- Division news: Stereo. Rhoda, Mary Ann // PSA Journal;Feb98, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p47
Features Chequemate Technologies' C-3D Imaging System. Capabilities of the product; Usability.
- 3D visualisation--time to suspend our disbelief? Whitward, Lane // Design Engineering;Jun95, p28
Reports on three-dimensional visualization innovations from a number of systems engineering companies. Includes Richmond Holographic studio's autostereoscopic systems; CAD-generated still holograms from Germany-based Hettich; Thorn EMI's suspended image system.
- 3D graphics. Shandle, Jack // Electronic Design;5/28/96, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p18
Editorial. Compares a three-dimensional display system with a Renaissance painting. Comparison of the rendering techniques.
- Update your thinking of stereoscopic displays. Schechter, Joanne // Computer Graphics World;Sep97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p37
Provides an overview of new stereoscopic display technology. Applications of stereoscopic imaging; Description of how stereoscopic imaging works; Methods for displaying stereoscopic images; Range of products available. INSET: TV broadcasts tarnish stereo's image..