Long-term phonatory instability in individuals with multiple sclerosis
- POSTERS Communication. // Multiple Sclerosis (13524585);Jan99 Supplement 1, Vol. 5 Issue 1, pS132
Presents summaries of several studies on communication problems in patients with multiple sclerosis. 'Recognizing and Treating Pulmonary Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis (MS),' by Mary Ann Picone, et al; 'Voice Disorders With Multiple Sclerosis--A Case Study,' by Eeva-Liisa Warinowski;...
- Comparison of Jitter, Shimmer and S/Z Ratio in Multiple Sclerosis Patients. Khoram Shahi, Hassan; Heydari, Sara; Goharpey, Shahin // Jundishapur Scientific Medical Journal;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p657
No abstract available.
- Vocal symptoms and acoustic changes in relation to the expanded disability status scale, duration and stage of disease in patients with multiple sclerosis. Yamout, Bassem; Fuleihan, Nabil; Hajj, Taghrid; Sibai, Abla; Sabra, Omar; Rifai, Hani; Hamdan, Abdul-Latif // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Nov2009, Vol. 266 Issue 11, p1759
Vocal symptoms and acoustic measures of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) are investigated in relation to the duration of the disease, stage of the disease and the degree of disability. Eighty-two patients were enrolled in this study (40 MS, 42 controls). In the MS group, the most common...
- Ah, wilderness. Rau, Gerald // Inside MS;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p18
Features the Sturgeon River in Ottawa National Forest as a vacation spot for multiple sclerosis (MS) patients. MS patients' ability to venture outdoors; Canoeing abilities; Safety of roads in Nicolet National Forest.
- You & me. Pitcairn, Lucinda // Inside MS;Fall93, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p21
Presents a personal narrative of a woman with multiple sclerosis (MS) on coping with the disease. Shifting of the MS from a benign pattern to a chronic-progressive one; Acknowledging the symptoms of MS.
- You & me. Marshall, Linda // Inside MS;Summer94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p21
Presents a personal narrative of a woman with multiple sclerosis on bringing compassion and understanding to someone diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Poem on the power of the spirit.
- The bottom line. Foster, Dorene // Inside MS;Fall94, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p17
Relates the author's coping with multiple sclerosis (MS). Financial setbacks; Achievement of independence; Importance of a positive attitude; Involvement on exercise programs; Performance of the activities of daily living.
- Sexual problems your doctors may not have mentioned to you. Hendley, Joyce // Inside MS;Winter/Spring96, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
Discusses the sexual problems associated with multiple sclerosis. Background information; Direct symptoms; Mind-body connection; Speaking up; Medical solutions; Talking it over; Resources.
- A fork in the road: Should you leave your job? Sumner, Gary // Inside MS;Summer96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Provides several factors individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS) should consider when planning to quit their jobs. Financial issues; Value system; Physical limitations and capabilities; Legal rights. INSETS: One solution: Self-employment.;New employment consulting service..