Recent legal decisions affect you
- International Notes. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Feb2011, p26
The article presents international notes on gay and lesbian law. A final order of adoption was achieved by a gay male couple who contracted with an Indian woman resident in Mumbai to be the surrogate mother of their children. The Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan ruled that a proposed law that...
- Marriage equality means more Pennsylvanians have access to health insurance. Davis, Wendy // Philadelphia Gay News;6/6/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p11
The author discusses how marriage equality would lead to more Pennsylvanians having access to health insurance.
- Burnt At The Stake. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/ 7/2014, pA10
The article focuses on the issues concerning the termination of Mozilla Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Brendan Eich after supporting a measure opposing gay marriage in California.
- Gay marriage law prompts benefits cut. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;3/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the decision of the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington to prevent spouses of its employees from enrolling in health insurance regardless of sexual orientation after Washington, D.C. approved same-sex marriage in March 2010. Its spokesman said that the move...
- THE YEAR IN politics. // Just Out;12/9/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p17
The article offers information related to LGBTQ politics in Portland, Oregon in 2011. It mentions the decision of Oregon voters in relation to their position in marriage equality in the states wherein 50% of them support the proposal. It also mentions the passage of a trans-inclusive healthcare...
- Negotiating blitz to bring legislative session to close. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p30
The article reports on the closure of the legislative session of the Indiana General Assembly. There were several twists in the final week for regular passage of bills. There was the re-emergence of the health insurance plan. A constitutional amendment proposal to same-sex marriage has not been...
- Same sex marriage court decision affects New York employers: a legal review. Piper, Scott; Schultz, Jill // Empty Closet;Apr2008, Issue 411, p14A
The article discusses a court case regarding recognition of same-sex marriages for spousal coverage under health insurance plans in Monroe County, New York. It states that the same-sex partners were married in Ontario. It discusses the Court ruling issued by the Appellate Division, Fourth...
- Tiverton school committee grants benefits to Mass. same-sex couple. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/24/2005, Issue 896, p31
Reports that the Tiverton school committee in Rhode Island voted to grant healthcare benefits to a gay couple from Massachusetts in February 2005. Background on the same-sex marriage law in Rhode Island; Basis of the school committee's vote.
- Karen Golinski: Marriage equality's inadvertent champion. Rudolph, Dana // Between the Lines (10807551);12/15/2011, Issue 1950, p12
The article focuses on the fight of lesbian Karen Golinski on same sex marriage equality for LGBT people in California. It mentions that Golinski filed an internal complaint in the court to obtain health coverage for her partner Amy Cunninghis, which would overturn the Defense of Marriage Act...