- NAACP sues 5 S. Carolina cities over voting systems. // Jet;7/24/89, Vol. 76 Issue 16, p32
Reports on the lawsuits filed against five South Carolina cities by the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), to change the cities' election methods.
- Hammered by critics, NAACP may face suit. Tanner, Adam // Christian Science Monitor;2/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 57, p1
Reports on the filing of a suit by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) against its national headquarters in Baltimore for libel, financial and other mismanagement. Details of the case.
- Mitsubishi settles sexual harassment suit. Robinson, Aaron // Automotive News;6/15/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 5771, p8
States that Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America has agreed to pay approximately $34 million in damages regarding a lawsuit over sexual harassment at its Normal, Illinois assembly plant. Terms of the agreement; Information on the negotiations between Mitsubishi and the United States Equal...
- Mitsubishi agrees to $34 million sexual harassment settlement. // Business Insurance;06/15/98, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p1
States that Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America Incorporated agreed to a $34 million settlement of a sexual harassment class-action suit brought on behalf of more than 300 women employees. Original suit being filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in April 1996; How the $34...
- NAACP Sues Cracker Barrel Restaurant Chain For Discrimination. // Jet;10/25/99, Vol. 96 Issue 21, p56
Reports that the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) has filed a lawsuit charging Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc. with discrimination against black employees.
- Bill's hiring line. Zeman, N.; Howard, L. // Newsweek;6/8/1992, Vol. 119 Issue 23, p4
Explains why the Little Rock, Arkansas, chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) filed suit under the state Freedom of Information Act to obtain a list of Governor Bill Clinton's gubernatorial appointments since 1986, broken down by race and gender. ...
- Chicago observer. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/23/99, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p38
Reports on business developments in Chicago, Illinois, as of August 23, 1999. Potential age-discrimination lawsuit against Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America Inc.; City requirement for outdoor restaurants to cover half of their railings and fences with greenery.
- Black Employees Sue Mitsubishi For Race Bias. // Jet;02/07/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p40
Reports on the lawsuit filed by black employees against Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America, for racial discrimination.
- Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America Inc. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;10/06/97, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p59
Focuses on Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America Incorporated's lawsuit which charges the management at its plant in Downstate Normal of sexual-harassment. Circumstances surrounding the lawsuit; Who is suing the company.