Black employees sue Disney over racial discrimination
- Electronic newsletter sues Disney over copyright. Hernandez, Debra Gersh // Editor & Publisher;9/2/95, Vol. 128 Issue 35, p25
Reports on ProActive Media Inc.'s lawsuit against Walt Disney Co. on charges of violating copyright law by making photocopies of its `Multimedia Wire' newsletter. Disney Interactive Software's alleged illegal photocopying practices; MMW Christopher Sherman's receipt of information about the...
- Miffed Missy. Scott, S.; Cole, W. // Time;4/29/1991, Vol. 137 Issue 17, p51
Comments on the lawsuit filed by Henson Associates against the Walt Disney Co. charging copyright infringement. Disney claims they have an `implied understanding' to use the Muppets, but try telling that to Miss Piggy.
- Disney Co. Ordered To Pay $240 Million For Taking Sports Complex Idea. // Jet;09/04/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 13, p58
Reports on the court decision to award a settlement to two companies, from which ideas for a sports complex were found to be stolen by Walt Disney Co.
- Disney to challenge lawsuits. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the shareholder lawsuits filed against the Walt Disney Company in California and Delaware. Challenges of the lawsuits; Comments from a Disney spokesman; Lawyer who filed the California lawsuit against Disney; Filing of the Delaware lawsuit against Disney by shareholder, Jeffrey Daniels.
- Take that, Mickey and Goofy: RI operator battles Disney. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p32
Reports on Modern Diner owner, Nicholas Demou's decision to sue Walt Disney for selling sweatshirts that features his diner in the background. Background on the Modern.
- Loot time for tool time. Rice, Lynette // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/97, Vol. 127 Issue 42, p32
Reports that `Home Improvement' producer Wind Dancer's lawsuit against Walt Disney Television continues to wend its way through court. Dean Valentine's expected testimony in the case; Wind Dancer's allegations against Walt Disney.
- Composer's heirs sue Disney companies. Reece, Douglas // Billboard;12/16/95, Vol. 107 Issue 50, p8
Reports on the law suit, filed by heirs of the late composer George E. Bruns, against Walt Disney-owned companies on December 1, 1995. Reasons for suit; Information on companies; Details of suit; Comments from heirs' lawyer Walter J. Lack.
- Tooth and claw. Wright, Lynda; Stambler, Lyndon // People;4/22/96, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p60
Discusses the antagonism between former business partners Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenberg, which is coming to a head with the lawsuit Katzenberg has filed against Eisner's Walt Disney Company. Why Katzenberg is suing; The past collaboration between Eisner and Katzenberg; The rivalry that...
- Disney sued over `Improvement' deal. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;03/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the lawsuit filed by `Home Improvement' executive producers against the Walt Disney Co. for allegedly ignoring the best interest of the television show. Filing of the suit in the Superior Court of Los Angeles, California; Walt Disney Television's resale of the program to ABC for two...