Apple employees to become owners of Spinoff Firm
- Free of Apple, Newton plots its future. Bournellis, Cynthia // Electronic News;08/25/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2182, p46
Focuses on Newton Inc.'s strategies and attempts to cut its ties with Apple Computer Inc. Refocusing of the MessagePad on vertical markets; Reduction on the amount of shares owned by Apple; Negotiations with private investors for possible mezzanine funding and strategic partnerships; Campaign...
- Newton executive might have to change his tune. // Electronic News;09/15/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2185, p4
Reports on Newton Inc. Chief Operating Officer Sandy Benett's possible reaction to Apple Computer Inc.'s decision to bring the subsidiary into its fold after three months of autonomy.
- Newton's COO Benett quits as Apple reabsorbs subsidiary. Bournellis, Cynthia // Electronic News;10/13/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2189, p4
Reports on Sandy Benett's resignation as chief operating officer of Newton Inc. following the company's re-acquisition by Apple Computer. Benett's reasons for resigning; Acting Apple Computer chief executive officer Steve Jobs' plans for Newton.
- Late news. // Advertising Age;09/23/96, Vol. 67 Issue 39, p1
Informs that Apple Computer will cut its advertising budget between 10 and 20 percent starting September 28, 1996. Estimated advertising budget for 1996; Desired efficiencies in several areas.
- Apple Computer finds role in military. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/28/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 9, p61
Reports that Apple Computer, Inc., will supply Macintosh 2 personal computers to the US Air Force for the Worldwide Military Command and Control System. It will be Apple's first major entry into the military market.
- Falling apple's `next' strategy: Restore loyalty. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;1/9/97, Vol. 89 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the introduction of a plan by Apple Computer Incorporated which the company hopes will re-create consumer interest in the Mackintosh computer. Reinstatement of co-founder Steve Jobs; Appearance of Forbes at an annual convention in San Francisco; Purchase of the company, Next Software...
- Cloning around at Macworld San Francisco. Patz, Debby // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the Macworld Exposition in San Francisco, California. Increase in number of visitors despite fewer exhibitors; Apple Computer's decision to license its PowerPC operating system Mac/OS and the hardware on which it depends; X-Rite Inc.'s Digital Swatchbook; Macromedia's acquisition of...
- Apple intros CD-ROM platform. Doyle, Audrey V. // Computer Graphics World;Feb95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
Reports that Apple Computer has announced a new platform, called Pippin, for multimedia players that it says will provide consumers with affordable CD-ROM-based systems for education and entertainment.
- Apple jacks in. // Restaurant Business;12/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 18, p27
Reports on Apple Computer Inc.'s licensing of its name to a new chain of computer-based entertainment parlors.