A flight plan for success
- Continental slashes workforce/services. // Interavia Business & Technology;Sep93, Vol. 48 Issue 570, p33
Reports on Continental Airlines' plans to cut its workforce by 2,500, cease domestic services to nine cities and close a number of profitable routes. Poor results after the company's emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Operating loss; Commercial agreement between Air France and...
- Cont'l may face future as 2 airline brands. Lawrence, Jennifer // Advertising Age;8/16/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 34, p38
Previews Continental Airlines' restructuring that could create two airline brands to reposition the carrier. Emergence of products; Dismissal of Wells Rich Greene BDDP from its $40 million account; Views from analyst Michael Derchin.
- The Pilot's Next Wife. Bethune, Gordon // Across the Board;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p10
Looks at the changes in Continental Airlines as of October 1998. Information on the company's management; Negotiation of the pilot's union with the company.
- Plane spoken. Oehmke, Ted // Texas Monthly;Jun98, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on the management strategy of chief executive officer and chairman Gordon Bethune for Continental Airlines. Focus of the strategy of Bethune; Brief history of how the Continental Airlines was formed; Brief biography of Bethune; Discussion on the past jobs of Bethune.
- People In Focus. // Caribbean Business;3/22/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p59
The article offers news briefs related to various issues in Puerto Rico. The employees of R-G Premier Bank and R-G Mortgage across the island dressed up in red to support women's cardiovascular health. Ricoh volunteers visited the facilities of El Hogar de NiÃ±os El Ave MarÃa to donate...
- The Confidence Game. Schmitt, Christopher H.; Mannix, Margaret; Smart, Tim // U.S. News & World Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 8, pEE4
Asks the question if confidence is something that can be accomplished in a concerted way. Affirmative answer which is found in the latest book by Rosabeth Moss Kanter, "Confidence: How Winning Streaks & Losing Streaks Begin & End"; How the book uses disparate examples of confidence at work from...
- Why time is running out for HR, unless... Kuijpers, Rob // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p19
Opinion. Criticizes the main functions of the human resources (HR). Effect of HR's inability to provide practical strategic input; Author's idea of an HR executive for his company, DHL Worldwide Express.
- One foot in the past. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the results of the research conducted by the Institute for Employment Studies concerning the trends that have emerged within the human resource function in Great Britain.
- EC 1992: Human resources in a unified market implications for U.S.-Canada competitiveness. Ludolph, Charles M. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p83
Focuses on the human resources policy in the European Community (EC). Background on the EC's unified market; Competitiveness-related issues.