Many Americans are still uninsured
- A survey on the appropriate level of premiums for National Health Insurance. Geum Ja Im; Sun Mi Lim; Kwan Jun Park; Yoon Hyung Park // Journal of the Korean Medical Association / Taehan Uisa Hyophoe ;Apr2013, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p326
As the National Health Insurance Law was established in 2000, the finances of workplace health insurance and regional health insurance were integrated. However, since employee health insurance (workplace insurance) and self-employed health insurance (community insurance) still use different...
- Underinsurance for Recently Recommended Vaccines in Private Health Plans. Singer, Dianne; Davis, Matthew; Gebremariam, Achamyeleh; Clark, Sarah // Journal of Community Health;Dec2012, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1164
Underinsurance for vaccines presents financial barriers to vaccination. Preventive services coverage is of interest in national healthcare reform. To assess vaccine benefits coverage in private health plans. Private health insurance carriers were surveyed December 2008-June 2009 on policies...
- Switching Health Insurance Plans: Results from a Health Survey. Lako, Christiaan; Rosenau, Pauline; Daw, Chris // Health Care Analysis;Dec2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p312
The study is designed to provide an informal summary of what is known about consumer switching of health insurance plans and to contribute to knowledge about what motivates consumers who choose to switch health plans. Do consumers switch plans largely on the basis of critical reflection and...
- How women pay more than men for less health coverage. Cheney, Karen // Money;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p29
Highlights the fact that women pay more for health insurance and are not covered as well as men. Results based on a study by Dr. Steven Miles and researcher Kara Parker; Details of study; Medicare as more generous to men; Three steps to improve insurance coverage for women.
- Insurance. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;05/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p18
Provides information about insurance institutions. Study on the uninsured members of health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and other insurance; Sales of long-term care insurance policies.
- Consumers. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/97, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the survey `1996 Chicago Health Plan Value Project,' conducted by Chicago Business Group on Health, which shows that most patients evaluate the quality of their health plans based on its customer service. Consumer satisfaction with plans; Influences on switching decisions; Contact...
- A health plan test drive. Dimond, Kathy // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the factors that companies in Oregon must consider when selecting a health insurance for the first time or when changing insurance plans. Cost consideration; Selection of agent; Flexibility of the health care company; Services offered by the company; Employee coverage; Use of the...
- Managed care to be scrutinized. // Urology Times;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the evaluation of health maintenance organization (HMO) and point-of-service (POS) health plans in the 1996 CareData Annual Health Plan Member Survey. Organizations included in survey; Plans and expectations; Contact information.
- Building enrollment through private exchanges. PACKER-TURSMAN, JUDY // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2015, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p16
The article offers information on the private health insurance exchange from Highmark Inc. INSET: Employer anticipated timeframe for adopting a private exchange.