- Finding your way on the Internet. Lindroth, Linda K. // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p66
Lists resources in the Internet. Includes grant opportunities for funding classroom projects; Researching historical events; Pet at school.
- Using the Internet to enhance students' reading, writing, and information-gathering skills. Ryder, Randall J.; Graves, Michael F. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p244
Explains what the Internet is and how students and teachers can use it as a teaching tool. Development of the Internet in the early 1970s by the US Department of Defense; Provision of immediate access to tools and resources to students and teachers; Offering of a variety of ways to communicate;...
- Putting it All Together. // Multichannel News;9/9/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p5
Focuses on the use of Internet in the realization of educational needs in the U.S. Introduction of the educational website of Cablevision Systems; Age group covered by the site; Presence of publishing tools to get post information automatically online.
- The Power of Technology. // Multichannel News;9/9/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p6
Focuses on the initiative of cable operators in training teachers to create a unique learning experience in classrooms in the U.S. Provision of free high speed Internet connection to each school in the service areas; Computer skills taught for free; Creation of incentives for teachers in using...
- New classroom tools. // Mothering;Nov/Dec98, Issue 91, p35
Introduces two educational tools for children. Travel through the Internet from GlobalLearn; `Teaching Tolerance' magazine from the Poverty Law Center; Features of the tools; Contact information.
- Confessions of an Online Instructor: What You Need to Know about Online Courses. Dervan, Jo // Library Talk;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p30
Provides an overview of online courses or Internet-based learning. Description of Web pages used in online classes; Advantages and disadvantages of such courses; Indicators of a high-quality online course; Things to consider to ensure a successful completion of the course.
- Internet (Book Review). Schrock, Kathy // Book Report;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p68
Reviews several Internet-related books included in a teaching materials kit.
- Variety of electronic offerings is key element to Pearson Education strategy. // Electronic Education Report;07/21/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p4
Reports on Pearson Education's expansion of its electronic educational products through a deal with Universal Learning Technologies' course management system WebCT, which will allow Pearson to incorporate its college content into an Internet-based teaching platform.
- Resources for the classroom. // Curriculum Review;Nov2002, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p12
Presents educational resources for classroom teaching in the U.S. Establishment of school plan that supports in-class technology usage by students and teachers; Application of the Internet in the classroom; Strategies and ideas for incorporating multimedia projects into the curriculum. INSETS:...