- MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR EXECUTIVE SECRETARIES. Lytton, Amos H. // Training & Development Journal;Oct69, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p46
Discusses how the Management Institute of the University of Wisconsin in Madison designed management development workshops for executive secretaries. Workshop stages; Management rationale; Skills workshop; Skills workshop; Session content; Comments on the major differences that exist between...
- Fear of assessment centres? // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov98, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the one-day workshops to be held by ABMD Management Development Consultants in London and throughout the United Kingdom. Fear of job candidates on assessment centers; Aim of the workshops; Features of the workshops.
- Nike powered by peer coaching. // Coaching at Work;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p9
The article focuses on MyGame, a successful new management development programme used by Nike. Coaching among peers is the method that the programme promotes wherein Nike's middle and senior managers participate together for at least nine months, attend half a day of briefing, join workshops on...
- ARE YOU BEING: Appraised Right? // Business Today;4/4/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p122
The article focuses on the new methods adopted by companies in appraising their employees in India. The PepsiCo India Co. conducted a calibration workshop for managers on writing appraisal and giving feedback, in which, an agreement is made on how to eliminate differences in the scores....
- Oh yeah? Well assess this... McCue, Dan // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p34
Opinion. Discusses experiences faced by a job seeker whilst at an assessment center to be evaluated for an open position as a journalists. Details on what occurred during this assessment; Background information on assessment centers.
- The assessment center: Reducing interassessor influence. Lowry, Phillip E. // Public Personnel Management;Spring91, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
Reports findings concerning interassessor influence in four assessment centers in the United States. Use of the assessment center process; Measuring assessor influence on the consensus decision; Discriminating power of assessment centers.
- It pays to be aware of the subtle inequalities. Fletcher, Clive // People Management;11/7/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p50
Explains why assessment centers (ACs) may not really be as accurate and unbiased as many employers have been led to believe. Recommendations for AC to be effective; Points of some critics on ACs management; Alimo-Metcalfe's rules for minimizing sexual bias in ACs.
- Management training. Weston, Sue // NZ Business;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p43
Focuses on companies' fine-tuning of management development and training programs to meet the needs of both organizations and individuals. Company's desire for internal focus in training; Interest by individuals in external recognition for training; Information exchange. INSETS: Working with...
- Testing times. Burn, Alyson // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec98, Issue 12, p16
Offers advice on how to succeed at assessment and selection centers, maximizing the chances of getting a better job. Overview of what is being assessed; Typical tests or methods of assessment; How to prepare for the tests; How to turn the assessment center to one's advantage.