How to create the right image on your Web site
- Managing HR on the Web. Waldron, Patricia Vekich // Chain Store Age;Dec99, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p160
Highlights the advantages of managing human resources via the Internet. Web-based solutions for managing human resources; Advantages; Description of an electronic recruitment solutions; Self-service centers.
- 98 per cent now use online recruitment. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;1/27/2004, p1
The use of the Internet as a recruitment tool has virtually doubled in the past three years. Research among Great Britain's human resource (HR) professionals shows the majority now see the Web as a major part of their recruitment strategy, with 65 per cent using a corporate site and 54 per cent...
- Internet lures senior-level jobseekers. // Personnel Today;1/27/2004, p1
Senior managers are increasingly turning to the Internet to land themselves the best jobs at Great Britain companies. The Web has a reputation as the domain of youngsters and junior staff, but new research from jobs board Totaljobs.com has found that Great Britain's bosses are now going online....
- LI sets sites on the Internet. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/26/96, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p19
Focuses on World Wide Web sites in Long Island, New York. Population of Internet users in the city; Subsidy received by the Internet from the National Science Foundation which controls Internet's core computer network; Factors behind the success of electronic commerce; Benefits of Web sites for...
- The World Wide Web. Roughton, James E. // Professional Safety;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p40
Provides information on the World Wide Web. History of the Internet; Common terminologies; Basic Internet principles; Purpose of Internet addresses; Function of the e-mail; News groups and mailing lists; Sources of safety information.
- Round up new employees on the Internet. Bouvet, Steven // HR Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the World Wide Web as a recruitment tool. Information on the `Achieving results with Internet Recruiting' conducted by iLogos; Advantages of companies that use the Internet for recruiting employees; Findings of the survey.
- Recruiting rockets through cyberspace. Crispin, Gerry; Mehler, Mark // HR Magazine;Dec1997, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p72
States that the World Wide Web has opened a new universe for recruiting and job-hunting. Features of the online recruiting networks; Cost benefits of recruiting through the Internet; Other aspects not addressed by the Internet; Factors that lead to the growth of online employment activity;...
- Home, home on the Web. Greengard, Samuel // Personnel Journal;Mar96, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the use of Internet technology in personnel management. Human resource-oriented information on corporate Web sites; Planning and organization in launching the company's Web site; Tips for getting positive results; Important characteristics in the development of a Web site; Software...
- HR cyberspace. Frost, Mike // HRMagazine;May96, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p24
Reports on computer network resources related to human resource management. Primer on the employment statutes of the Americans with Disabilities Act; Retirement savings site on the World Wide Web; Workplace politics.