- 'Maintaining Non-Union Status' publication issued. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2010, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the issuance of the publication, entitled "Maintaining Non-Union Status: The Big Pictureâ€”And the Nuts and Bolts," which emphasizes positive employee relations and strict compliance with the Employee Free Choice Act to maintain long-term non-union status in the U.S.
- Just Try It! // Communication Briefings;Mar2015, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p7
The article offers tips on personnel management, including spending time with the employees and appreciating their efforts, include employees' outside interests in the company's newsletters, and giving out little prizes for funny suggestion or comments for the organization.
- What price employee-engagement? Pullan, Julian // Conference & Incentive Travel;Feb2010, p21
In this article the author discusses the aspects of employee-engagement campaigns to foster industrial relations in Great Britain.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p23
Reports on developments in employment case law in Great Britain. Includes developments on the case `Goldwin vs. Cabletel UK Ltd.'; `British Telecommunications plc vs. Williams'; European Commission's adoption of the plan to improve the free movement of worker within the European Union.
- Low Pay Commission criticised. // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p18
Highlights the Employment Policy Institute's (EPI) criticism against the British Low Pay Commission's failure to appoint a single trade union general secretary or company chief executive.
- Report outlines employment practices in Vietnam. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/29/94, Vol. 33 Issue 35, Supplement: Employee... p10B
Reports on the employment practices in Vietnam. Interpretation of Vietnamese labor laws; Labor contracts and compensation; Rules on hiring Vietnamese employees.
- Yonkers unveils employment center plans for downtown. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/24/95, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the plans by Yonkers, New York State to open an employment center. Features of the plans by the city's Private Industry Council and New York State Department of Labor Community Services Center; Comment by Martin Lewis, executive director of the Private Industry Council; Features of...
- Labour market segmentation and the state: The New Zealand experience. Brosnan, Peter; Rea, David // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Oct95, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p667
Analyzes the role of the state in the historical process of labor market segmentation. Use of existing segmentation literature; Framework to understand the state's role in segmentation; New Zealand labor market as an example of the state's role in the process of labor market segmentation.
- Policy complementarities: The case for fundamental labor market reform. Coe, David T.; Snower, Dennis J. // IMF Staff Papers;Mar97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p1
Examines the importance of a group of labor market policies, in a complementary sense. Reference to labor market reforms in European countries; Importance of deeper labor market reforms; How distributional issues can be addressed.