Plans end blue-white divide in town halls
- Whistleblowers' charter to stop unethical conduct. Mack, Tom // Public Finance;01/29/99, p5
Reports that a charter to encourage whistleblowing in the public sector has been unveiled by the Local Government Management Board (LGMB) in Great Britain. Calls for local authorities to adopt the six-page code as policy so that employees know the best way to deal with unethical or illegal...
- Keeping a sense of balance. Powdrill, Tom // Public Finance;12/11/98, p25
Focuses on the state of the local authority pension funds in Great Britain in 1998. Problems in implementing the Local Government Pension Scheme; Plans of replacing the scheme; Results of the survey conducted by the Local Government Management Board on local authority pension schemes;...
- Here's an I&D[sup e]A... Crofts, Pauline // People Management;4/22/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p60
Looks at a recruitment web site for local government jobs developed by the Local Government Management Board (LGMB) in partnership with Datalake. Benefits of the site; Importance of updating and developing the site.
- New report on management development. // Management Services;Jul1993, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
The Local Government Management Board has published Managing Tomorrow, a panel inquiry report on management development in local governments. While conducting the study a panel of key local authority managers was asked to investigate how local authority management should develop over the next...
- Canada supports workers' rights to form unions. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/6/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p14
The article offers information on the union of Canada workers which includes card-check authorization and first contract arbitration.
- Benefits Dominate Calif. Labor Talks. Zwiebach, Elliot // Supermarket News Expert Blog;5/30/2012, p3
The article reports on the continuing labor talks centered on health and welfare benefits between United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) Local 5 and Local 8 in Northern California, and Raley's, Safeway and Save Mart Supermarkets as of May 30, 2012.
- RMT calls for clarity. // Rail Business Intelligence;2/7/2013, Issue 431, p6
The article reports that RMT, Great Britain's largest specialist transport trade union, has questioned the delay in signing the contract for the Thames-link total train service provision deal in England.
- La Huelga. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep70, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p58
Reports that the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee has signed an agreement on initial contracts with grape growers in California. Wage increases; Grievance procedures; Prohibition of strikes.
- Delayed-Payment Contracts As a Means of Discouraging Unionization. WHITE, MICHAEL E. // Journal of Labor Research;Fall93, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p423
Delayed-payment, self-enforcing implicit contracts are a viable means of discouraging unionization. A contract which would be terminated if employees unionize would reduce the expected gains from unionization for employees, because the firm would not be required to make the delayed payment....