Ethnic minorities aim for high-flying squad
- Will development agencies deliver in 1990? Dumas, K. // Black Enterprise;Jan1990, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p27
Presents highlights of the seventh annual Minority Enterprise Development Week (MED Week). Emphasis on the need for government support to aid the development of minority businesses; Outlook on what black businesses can expect from Washington, D.C. in 1990.
- NAACP and Chrysler sign a Fair Share pact at confab. // Jet;7/31/89, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p7
Discusses the Statement of Fair Share Principles agreement at the NAACP convention by Director Benjamin Hooks and Chrysler Corporation Chairman Lee Iacocca. The agreement covers minority policies in several areas of Chrysler.
- Operation ABLE receives grant for `JobLinks'. Benedict, Ruth // Crain's Detroit Business;9/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p1
Reports that Operation ABLE has been awarded a 12-month demonstration grant which will enable the agency to use the latest mapping and scheduling technology to link its job seeking clients with transportation to work. Services offered by Operation ABLE; Benefits of the demonstration grant.
- Affirmative action as seen by business majors in the U.S. and South Africa. Scott, C. Richard; Amos, Trevor; Scott, Judith DeLouche // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer98, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p28
Presents information from a study conducted on the historical development of affirmative action in South Africa and the United States. Major legislation which was implemented to enforce equal rights in employment in the US; African National Congress' views on affirmative action; Methodology...
- Help wanted. Sudo, P. // Scholastic Update;1/11/91, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p8
Examines the growing problem faced by businesses of high school graduate job applicants that lack needed skills and education. Why the problem is particularly urgent among minorities and new immigrants; Efforts of such programs as `Inroads' to help groom minorities for the business world.
- Diversity lunch a smash. // Chinatown News;12/3/93, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p24
Highlights the Burnaby Multicultural Society Business Advisory Council meeting hosted by McDonald's its headquarters in Burnaby, British Columbia. Discussion of diversity hiring; Impact on productivity and sales.
- Do the right thing. Thomas, Irene Middleman // Hispanic;Jul1992, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p22
Comments on why some companies, despite no government pressure to do so, seek out minority vendors. Comment of Tony Morelli, Chairman of the Minority Vend or Task Force for Philip Morris Companies Inc.; Why Hispanic entrepreneurs should feel comfortable approaching major corporations;...
- The use and abuse of diversity. Flores-Hughes, Grace // Hispanic;Apr1994, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p88
Discusses the attitude of companies and government institutions towards racial and ethnic minority groups. Minority group labels; Implementation of culturally diverse training and ethnic celebrations; Issue of hiring and promotion minority groups; Suggested strategies for Hispanics to be...
- Cracking a culture from the inside. Talvi, Silja J.A. // Christian Science Monitor;5/15/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 121, p15
Focuses on the role of minorities in information technologies and their comfort issues.
- Poor advancement opportunities for minorities. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HRMagazine;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the lack of job advancement opportunities for minorities in the United States according to a survey by Brecker & Merryman Incorporated. Percentage of African American and Hispanic employees with plans to leave their current jobs; Reasons given by respondents for the lack of...