Joining forces for strategic change
- Engaging organizational survivors. Clark, Jim; Koonce, Richard // Training & Development;Aug95, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p22
Presents methods on aligning remaining employees with the goals of a restructured organization. Effect of reorganization on surviving employees; Designing survivor programs; Team building and coping with change; Tools for managers; Employer and employee relations. INSET: The secrets of...
- Rebuilding Influence after Corporate Restructuring. Hayes, Bob; Kotwica, Kathleen // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2011, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p28
The article focuses on the ways for an employee to establish influence after corporate restructuring. It states that company reorganization may result to personnel changes at the senior management level. It mentions that an employee must know what the new manager wants to be changed in the...
- Billsâ€™ implications worry business. WELCH, SHERRI // Crain's Detroit Business;6/4/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p0003
The article focuses on the concerns of for-profit business in Michigan regarding the House Bills 4615 and 4616 that would offer benefit corporations designation. According to Rich Studley, president and chief executive officer of Michigan Chamber of Commerce, the designation could suggest that...
- Ask the Attorney. Delogu, Nancy // HR Weekly;10/31/2016, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p8
The article provides an answer to a question regarding labor laws, posed by a firm that had restructured and caused a void in the employment of a human resources employee, and discusses social and legal matters about the issue.
- Development of depressive symptoms and depression during organizational change - a two-year follow-up study of civil servants. Netterstr�m, Bo; Bl�nd, Morten; Nielsen, Martin; Rugulies, Reiner; Eskelinen, Leena // Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health;Oct2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p445
Objective On 1 January 2007, Denmark went through a major reorganization, where most of its 275 municipalities and 14 counties merged into larger units. Our study aimed to examine the development of depressive symptoms and incident depression among employees affected by this organizational...
- COMUNICACIÃ“N Y CONFLICTIVIDAD LABORAL. Pulido, Juana // Capital Humano;may2013, Vol. 26 Issue 276, p14
No abstract available.
- From socialism to capitalism: the effects of Hungarian human resources practices. Pearce, Jone L. // Executive (19389779);Nov1991, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p75
What are the human resources management practices within communist and formerly communist companies? Many of the managers from capitalist countries forming joint ventures with state-owned enterprises in communist and formerly communist countries have only superficial ideas about these...
- Is It Time for Industrial Reorganization? Preston, Lee E. // California Management Review;Summer74, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p68
Evidence shows that there has been a major decline in general public enthusiasm for "big business," and a growing critical attitude even among the more conservative professional authorities. It is, in short, almost time for industrial reorganization: but the key word in that conclusion is almost.
- The Validity and Objectivity of the Job Dimensions of the Job Diagnostic Survey. Kiggundu, Moses N. // Academy of Management Proceedings (00650668);1978, p74
This paper tests for the construct validity of the job dimensions of the Job Diagnostic Survey (JDS) by correlating them with the subscales of Hay's Guide Chart-Profile Method of job evaluation. Results show some support for the validity and objectivity of some of the JDS dimensions. Differences...