Councils will still market-test if CCT is abolished
- National products often tested in Las Vegas first. McGee, Kimberley // Las Vegas Business Press;10/14/96, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p3
Reports that Las Vegas, Nevada is fast becoming an ideal test market for different products. Factors behind popularity of city as test market; Hallmark's creation of test market within a test market; McDonald's choice of city to test food and packaging products.
- Stainmaster test generating a 'good response' // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p46
Reports on the test marketing for Invista's Stainmaster Fabric at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, Nebraska. Education of the sales associates on the advantages of point-of-purchase materials; Launch of promotional campaigns; Consumer recognition of brands.
- Briefs. Kaelble, Steve // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p8
Reports test marketing of in-store gourmet coffee shops in Wal-Mart retail stores in northern Indiana. Tostino Coffee Roasters as franchise owners; Services offered by the coffee shops; Favorable response of consumers.
- Financial ABCs of Test-Marketing. Fox, Harold W. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p63
Focuses on the importance of financial analysis, budgeting, and control (ABC) on test-marketing. Distinction between the financial ABC in commercialization decisions; Criteria for ABC implementation in pre-commercialization decisions; Comparison between conventional and shortcut marketing test.
- Attend the 2008 Virtual Automated Test Summit Presented Live Online. // Instrumentation Newsletter;2008 1st Quarter, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p31
The article offers information on the Virtual Automated Test Summit in June 2008.
- Why new products are bypassing the market test. // Management Today;Oct95, p12
Focuses on the decreasing importance of test marketing when launching new products. Traditional route of marketing; Obsession with speed to market; Vulnerability of tested products to imitation; Increasing number of companies which are promoting their products nationwide; Use of chain specific...
- The Truth About Testing. // Response;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p26
Presents a compilation of the most common costs associated with a test marketing campaign for a particular product. One-time costs; Costs for long-form and short-form direct-response advertising; Telemarketing deposits; Credit-card processing fees; Shipping and handling.
- Emerging technologies may spark test's growth. // Lightwave;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the total revenue from the communications test market for emerging network technologies in the U.S. Growth of the demand for various test equipment; Standards and protocols for high-bandwidth applications; Increase in the complexity of optical networks.
- Letters. Papadopoulos, N. G. // Marketing News;12/25/1981, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p2
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "7-Up Subsidiary Uses Student Ad Campaign in Test Market," that was previously published in the September 4, 1981 issue of "Marketing News."