Health and safety
- Awards for firms that commit to getting fit. Evans, Jill // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p53
Focuses on the winners of the 1997 Working for Health awards in Great Britain and provides information on how they are using their workplace to promote healthier lifestyle. Health promotion initiatives and programs of industrial textile manufacturer Don and Low; Health promotion facilities of...
- Plan brings county savings. Szalai, Georg // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the expansion of pilot program established to increase the health and productivity of workers in San Bernardino County, California. San Bernardino County's expansion of the program in April, 1998; Measures use to facilitate this expansion; Comment from Dr. Phillip Polakoff, president...
- Fit to work. Downey, Angela M. // Business Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p69
Focuses on the importance of promoting health in the workplace. Increase in productivity of employees who are healthy; Reduction of people's use of the primary health care system; Control of employee benefit costs; Characteristics of excellent wellness programs.
- Indiana Well-Workplace Guide. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p8
Present the workplace wellness program guide in Indiana.
- Council wants to promote employee `wellness' concept. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;04/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the Southern Nevada Wellness Council's plans to promote employee wellness in the state. Business and agencies which banded to form the organization; Mission of the council; Results of studies of employee wellness in the state.
- 9 to 5 fitness. Ludwig, Susan F. // Swim Magazine;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the employee fitness centers at different companies. Johnson Wax; Land's End; Hershey; TRW.
- New OSHA Law Means More Training--At What Cost? Del Franco, Mark // Catalog Age;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p39
Reports the implementation of the Final Ergonomics Program Standard in the United States. Effect of the program on employers; Improvement of the working conditions of employees; Financial benefits of the standard.
- Workplace health and safety: Post-1947 ideals? Eckhardt, Bob // Concrete Products;Sep97, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p109
Presents a brief history on workplace health and safety programs in the United States. Operation of industry with a common sense approach; Start of worker strikes in mines and automobile plants; Regulations passed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- LEARNING FOR LIFE. // Occupational Health;Nov2007, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p34
A quiz related to employee health promotion in Great Britain is presented.