Tecs highlight `crisis' in jobless training scheme
- Skills scheme warning. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p11
Notes the failure of Hertfordshire, England's Tec scheme to encourage learning among the unemployed. Implications for the British government's individual learning account scheme.
- Beyond `skills'. Osterman, Paul; Lautsch, Brenda A. // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec96, Issue 208, p34
Features the Project QUEST, a job training program for the unemployed in San Antonio, Texas. Background on the project; Effect of the program on the educational community and participants' families; Lessons for further improvement.
- Employment. // Youth Studies;Feb91, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Presents a summary of the report on the training scheme of West Australian government for unemployed people which appeared in Australian, dated December 14, 1990.
- Employment & training. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1992, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the Australian government's efforts to stop the young unemployed from claiming the government's training allowance as published in the periodical `Canberra Times' dated May 10, 1992. Criticism by Australian Democrats.
- Employment. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1993, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
States that the government plans to spend $50 million on the Landcare and Environment Action Program (LEAP) which will train young unemployed people, as reported in the January 25, 1993 issue of `Herald Sun' and the January 27, 1993 issue of `Examiner'. Provision of six months of training in...
- The demand for training by the unemployed: Israel 1989-91. Beenstock, Michael // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p273
Presents information from a paper which seeks to determine a model for the demand of government-sponsored training for the unemployed in Israel. Three variables used to determine the model; Nature of the results; How the study was carried out.
- Seasoned campaigners. Irving, Ian // People Management;03/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p36
Features Executive Challenge, a self-help program for unemployed professionals launched by South London Training and Enterprise Council. Aim and focus of the scheme; Stages or divisions of the program; Description of the activities in the program; Information on the experiences of the...
- Center works to put jobless on career path. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;08/03/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p8
Reports on a training program for the unemployed in Tucson, Arizona aimed at providing them with a career. Training offered to people with skills and good work histories; Effort to reach out to employers involved in focus groups; Other services provided by the Pima County Community Service's...
- Jobrotation. THOMSON, ALASTAIR // Adults Learning;Dec98, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p28
Discusses some issues on Jobrotation, a concept in which an unemployed person is trained to become a temporary substitute within a company for a worker who is thereby released for further training in Denmark. Effectiveness of the concept; Views of Jens-Jorgen Pedersen, director of the European...