Unions pre-empt plan to combine tax agency work
- Time for state unions to take one for the team. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/2/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 79, p4
In this article, the author comments on the self-interest and invalid claims of the Public Employees Federation (PEF) in New York.
- Don't believe the (union-busting) hype. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/7/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 33, p14
The author reflects on the debate over the rights of public employees and the future of labor unions in the U.S.
- Birmingham City Council under fire over staff contract. // Employers Law;Oct2010, p4
The article reports on the reaction of the National Union of General and Municipal Workers (GMB) in England to Birmingham City Council's plan to review the terms and conditions of the city's staff.
- The Value of Public Employee Unions. Kelly, Brian // U.S. News Digital Weekly;6/8/2012, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p20
The article seeks opinion on the issue of whether public employees should have unions.
- Solidarity forever: Retired public employees and their union. Makofsky, Abraham // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1995, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p173
Presents a study on the influence of the policies and practices of a public employee union on members of a retiree chapter. Study plan; Theoretical perspectives; Characteristics of the sample; Reasons for joining the union; Why nonactivists joined; Participating in union activities; Critical and...
- Unions go to court over state furloughs. Gormley, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/12/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 112, p1
The article reports on the move of public employee unions to file legal action in federal court as they try to stop furloughs before they are scheduled to start in Albany, New York, New York.
- Unison wants assurances over LGPS simplification. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;8/1/2003, p14
Reports that the officials of the British public sector union, Unison have called on the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister to clarify its planned simplification of the Local Government Pension Scheme. Need for further discussion on the simplification plan; Assessment of the plan's impact on...
- ATLANTIC CANADA. // HR Professional;May/Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
The article offers information on the New Brunswick Bill 35 that will amend the Public Service Labour Relations Act wherein the part-time and civil servants are being allowed by the bill to join the labor union after being hired.
- Toronto Librarians Settle on Union. Rogers, Michael; St. Lifer, Evan // Library Journal;10/1/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p25
Reports that following two votes in August, 1998, Toronto librarians have opted to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 416. Reasons why the members chose the 416 union.