HSE tightens its line on violence in the workplace
- Violence threat demands attention: Speakers. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p32
Indicates that a security expert warned by ignoring the potential risk of workplace violence, it will only make employers more susceptible to such acts. Indication that most employers do not proper procedures in place to address workplace issues before they result in violence; Reference to the...
- Avoiding violence in the workplace. Hood, Michael A. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-9
Focuses on workplace violence in the United States. What statistics during 1997 revealed; Reference to a law which states that employers will be held liable for violent acts in the workplace; Basis for the negligent hiring doctrine; How to prevent violence at work; Identification of...
- Alarm bells on the job. // CA Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p7
Highlights a study conducted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants which indicates that workplace violence is one of the most increasing trends in our society. Reference to one in every six violent crimes in the United States occurring in the workplace; Reference to workplace...
- Disarm workplace violence. // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 29, p23
Discusses the psychological aspects of violence in the workplace, and cites passages from the Bible.
- Violence Threatens the Workplace. // Internal Auditor;Oct98, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the increasing violence in the workplace. Countries which suffer the highest rates of assault and sexual harassment; Effects of bully on the workplace; Issues which contribute to widespread workplace violence.
- Fear in corporate America. Hess, Frederick // Industry Week/IW;9/02/96, Vol. 245 Issue 16, p25
Discusses violence in the workplace. Factors that lead to this problem; Effects of violence to work productivity; Measures a company can take to reduce its vulnerability to violence.
- Fear of workplace violence prompts safety initiatives. Friedman, Sam // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/7/95, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the risk of violence in the workplace prompts safety initiatives in the United States. Psychological effects on co-workers and employers; Need for a crisis plan; Role of the employer in violence prevention; Actions being taken by private and public-sector risk managers; Videos...
- Workplace violence on the rise, study finds. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p32
Reports on increasing incidents of workplace violence in the United States, according to the report `Workplace Violence' from the Society for Human Resource Management. Common acts of violence; Most frequently cited motivations for violence; Use of security systems in the workplace.
- Corporate violence update. // Corporate Detroit;Feb96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on the level of violence in the workplace. Survey findings; Incidents reported; Factors which contributes to violence in the work place. INSETS: Gizmo density.;Pending patent applications.;Important factors in considering a job offer..